TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f17-drugs-alcohol-addiction/)
-   -   Addiction to music? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f17-drugs-alcohol-addiction/t48763-addiction-music/)

Eyes on Fire-Xx July 6th 2010 01:30 AM

Addiction to music?

Can you get an addiction to music? i can not go anywere without my ipod, and im allways listing to it in one ear, or if im in a room with a sound dock, its on, or if im in the car, the radio is allways on music, if commercials come on i have to change them to more music. i cant sleep without it, in school i run my headphones up my sweatshirt or in my sleeves and listin in class. if i turn it off, i dont know what to do with myself, its too quite, people are too loud, sounds are too sharp...i realy cant live without it, i got my ipod taken once and allmost had a panic attact and had to beg to get it back, and i got it taken later, so i found all my old CDs and even casset tapes and survived off them untill my mom thought it was too pathetic and gave my ipod back. so, can you be addicted to music? *)

xxxAJxxx July 6th 2010 01:43 AM

Re: Addiction to music?

I feel the same way, Sumi. I just have to be listen to music. I always think about what album im going to buy next from iTunes. Music is basically all I think about, and Iknow every single bit of music trivia. So yes, I do think there is such thing as music addiction. Anything, in excess is really an addiction. Maybe we could help eachother? lol

MadPoet July 6th 2010 01:48 AM

If you can become addicted to music, then I definitely am. xD I could go a day without my iPod (then again I do have my computer, which I can use to access iTunes) but I couldn't go long without listening to music. A day, at most. :p I don't think it's a bad thing though, so I don't look at it as a literal addiction. More like an obsession.

Eyes on Fire-Xx July 6th 2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxAJxxx (Post 422349)
I feel the same way, Sumi. I just have to be listen to music. I always think about what album im going to buy next from iTunes. Music is basically all I think about, and Iknow every single bit of music trivia. So yes, I do think there is such thing as music addiction. Anything, in excess is really an addiction. Maybe we could help eachother? lol

Haha, yeah. my first bit of help, to hell with itunes, musicmp3.ru, compleatly legal, has almost everything i can think of, 15 cent songs :P just import them to itunes...XD but i think thats the wrong kind of help, haha...

xxxAJxxx July 6th 2010 01:58 AM

Lol, just what I needed. A new site to feed mah addiction. Oh well, here's to not seeing the light of day because of downloading too much music.
Do they take iTunes gift cards?

Eyes on Fire-Xx July 6th 2010 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxAJxxx (Post 422364)
Lol, just what I needed. A new site to feed mah addiction. Oh well, here's to not seeing the light of day because of downloading too much music.
Do they take iTunes gift cards?

Well i figured if i cant help you stop, i can help you not go broke XD no, paypal or credit card. it dosnt have everything in the world, but alot :P so, itunes for what it dosnt have. but i shouldnt be feeding the addiction, i apologize ^^; but 30$ on there gets you like, 500 songs, as oposed to 30. :P

xxxAJxxx July 6th 2010 02:18 AM

i just checked. it doesn't have many artists im in to. ahh, oh well, im good wiff overpaying. at least im supporting the bands i like. thanks anyways lawl :)

Fanatic July 6th 2010 08:18 AM

I'm addicted to music too! I think everyone can be addicted to music. :hehe: I listen to it everyday, and I feel like I have to have it, or I get bored. I'm also addicted to singing to music. Singing is a hobby for me, and probarly a career in later life. :nosweat:

AmyIsLegit July 7th 2010 03:42 AM

I think you can. That's how I am. It's not a bad thing though.

Halo345 July 8th 2010 05:31 AM

Yeah, then I guess I'm addicted too. If I don't have my iPod (rarely) I have to find something to listen to or at least have something to write down lyrics that pop into my head. But then again, I'm a musician so... :p

Twinge July 8th 2010 10:21 AM

i used to be addicted to music...
a year ago,when i couldnt keep them off my ears. i just had to listen the same CDs all over and over again... :glare:
we all got addictions. your addiction isnt dangerous at all. we all enjoy music,right? so you cannot go wrong with this.

just don't damage your ears with headphones,ok?
i did that once too. and then i wasnt allowed to be near them,the headphones,till my ears get better. i wouldn't want the same to happen to you. :p
seriously..

falling_x July 8th 2010 12:06 PM

I used to be! lol

Not so much any more - dunno why!

Snufkin July 8th 2010 04:27 PM

Music is my life, but I'm not addicted. I don't have an itch to listen to it everytime I don't have a song playing, but I much prefer listening to it than silence.

Eyes on Fire-Xx July 11th 2010 03:38 AM

About hurting myself w/ head phones, too late ^^; i had awesome ones i brokes, so i had to use bad ones that messed up my ears D : so for a little bit i just hang them around my neck and play it loud...but i like knowing im not crazy :3 i play the sax some, but i reaaaaly suck at it, so dosnt realy count ^^;

Henk July 11th 2010 12:56 PM

Psychological dependencies can develop in many things, but i doubt music is a very harmful one. I wouldn't call it an addiction, more like an obsession? If it takes over your ability to function normally maybe you should look for another obsession, but other than that it seems like great way to live.. =P

Goatboy July 11th 2010 02:12 PM

haha I sometimes have to force myself to stop listening to music XD
Though sometimes silence is nice
But yeah I'm defiantly addicted to music :p

LastRedAppleStanding July 11th 2010 06:24 PM

Yes i think it can be addictive. I suppose you can be addictive to anything. I'm addictive to music too. I can't go an hour without it or i get depressed. But if you enjoy it, keep with it. Only thing im gonna say is, don't be too dependent on it..Start to ease the wanting away

*x.Kathryn.x* July 14th 2010 06:34 AM

The same thing happened to me when I got my iPod taken away! I had to fake sick so I could get it back and I was having the worst panic attack! But yea, if you can get addicted to music, then we both sure are!

sirjan xerdaj July 15th 2010 05:52 PM

Addictied to music, no way. You just don't want to here the mumbo jumbo of this noisy world. lol kidding. Just say you're a musician, how can you be addicted to work?:D