TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Rape and Abuse (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/)
-   -   Does the feeling ever go away? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/t162369-does-feeling-ever-go-away/)

TH Anonymous December 14th 2021 12:20 AM

Does the feeling ever go away?

[SIZE="a"]Something happened to me two months ago and I still think about this a lot. I still have days when I just sit in the shower with my outfits on for a while before I take a shower. I hate this feeling, I feel like it's all my fault that he hurt me and I can't make it go away. I feel like I want to self harm to take the hurt away and I feel like if I do, then he wins for hurting me. I just want to wake up and forget about this and I don't know how to and I don't know what is wrong with me, I should be okay and I'm not. My parents always have something going on, so can't talk to them.[/size]

DeletedAccount81 December 15th 2021 12:42 PM

Re: Does the feeling ever go away?

Hi there, thank you for reaching out to us. This is very brave of you and I'm so sorry this happened. I think the most important thing to know and understand is that it's ok not to be ok! What you went through was a traumatic experience and some people never recover from the trauma. You're reaching out asking for support and that definitely means something.

Is there a trusted adult or friend you can speak to about this? While you can utilize TeenHelp and its numerous resources, it would also be helpful to talk to someone you know in real life, someone you can speak to face-to-face. You shouldn't have to bear the burden of your trauma alone.

On the other hand, I totally get how scary it can be to open up about something so incredibly serious and traumatizing. But, I think it will help knowing there are other people in your life that can provide support and guidance during this difficult time. :)

I hope someone else comes along and offers you support as well. Feel free to reach out again if you need to. We're here.

:hug:

QueenElsa February 23rd 2022 01:40 PM

It's not your fault he hurt you. You need to know that.

Remember your breath.

PTSD changes a lot over time, and what you're experiencing is very common for survivors in the early stages of PTSD. What you're experiencing will change.

What helped me most when I was experiencing this sort of PTSD was self-conducted art therapy. I got out a sketchbook and markers/pens, and I drew. My favorite kind of marker was a brush-pen. All the joy of painting, and all the ease of marker drawing. We can make beautiful art out of our trauma, and making art gets you focused in a way that is really healthy.

You're doing a good job surviving the aftermath. I hope you can find acceptance for where you're at; and I'd like to give you the perspective that you will move through trauma healing, and you won't always feel this way.

<3 Queen Elsa

Ennui. February 24th 2022 06:03 PM

The OP requested this thread closed. :)