TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Rape and Abuse (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/)
-   -   My neighbors lied about being raped. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/t164738-my-neighbors-lied-about-being-raped/)

oceaneyes95 January 6th 2024 03:59 PM

My neighbors lied about being raped.

So, recently I ha it out with on of my neighbors that I don't really know all that well. In the process of this beef, her brother told me that that "rape" that she's always going on & on about never happened, and tha it was proven in court when the prosecutor ordered an example to be done by a doctor. Then, after it was proven that she had never been sexually active, she came clean & admitted that she lied for th attention. I just don't understand how somebody, anybody, could lie about being raped, an not only that, but continue living about it, and posting online about it, until it proven to be a lie.

Ennui. January 6th 2024 07:26 PM

Re: My neighbors lied about being raped.

It's awful that someone would lie about something like that. A lot of the time people aren't believed, and things like this perpetuate it. While it is important to believe a rape victim, there are always some people who will lie. I'd try to avoid contact with that neighbor to the best you possibly can from now on so you don't get caught up in anything.

Silvan January 6th 2024 07:53 PM

I'm sorry that you had an experience with such a person. There might be different reasons for why they decided to act this way. Nevertheless, as Dez said before, it would be best to avoid contact with this neighbour.

Arabesque- golfing girl. January 7th 2024 02:08 PM

I'm sorry about this, sometimes when someone is not happy with what they are going through or they feel like no one is paying attention to them, they will make up things for others to feel sorry for them. It's not okay to do this, hope you are doing okay.

XxAmethystWillowxX February 26th 2024 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceaneyes95 (Post 1391385)
So, recently I ha it out with on of my neighbors that I don't really know all that well. In the process of this beef, her brother told me that that "rape" that she's always going on & on about never happened, and tha it was proven in court when the prosecutor ordered an example to be done by a doctor. Then, after it was proven that she had never been sexually active, she came clean & admitted that she lied for th attention. I just don't understand how somebody, anybody, could lie about being raped, an not only that, but continue living about it, and posting online about it, until it is proven to be a lie.

That is an absolutely awful thing to lie about. I don't understand that either but I am thankful to not be the kind of person who does understand.

Amethyst <3

Dawn. February 28th 2024 09:56 AM

This is simply an awful thing to lie about and I'm sorry that it has happened.
As other members have said, having as little contact with the neighbors as possible might be a good thing for you and your family.