TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Rape and Abuse (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/)
-   -   Triggering (Abuse): Abuse and Rape (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/t35073-abuse-rape/)

**Theresa** January 17th 2010 04:10 PM

Abuse and Rape

Well i wanted to know when you wanted to first talk about what happen to you who did you go talk to for mr i waited 5 years before i told my coach

Theresa

Magical Forest. January 17th 2010 04:21 PM

Re: Abuse and Rape

I told a nurse at the hospital I was staying in.
It happened whilst I was on weekend leave from a psychiatric unit, and I came back on the Sunday and broke down and told her.

Just a nobody January 17th 2010 04:25 PM

I told my mother (it was a few years ago). She did nothing about it, so I told my best friend just this year, because it was just bothering me I guess.

Casey. January 17th 2010 07:37 PM

I told my closest friends first, when it was still going on.

xoxtammixox January 17th 2010 08:54 PM

The first time that I told someone, I was nine and my friend asked me why I came to school with red eyes so I told her that me and my mother and her boyfriend had been fighting. When I showed her my bruises and told her a few stories she told me that it was abuse. More recently, I told my best friend that my mother had been choking me one night and how she was beating me and he like got the most shocked expression and said, "Tavia, that's horrible abuse!"

WillO'Wisp January 17th 2010 08:57 PM

I have never been raped, but I did deal with a bit of abuse when I was a child. My dad would drink alot and smack me around a bit, but he's turned into a completely different person today. It still uspets me to think about it, though.
I told my Grandma first about it.

samantha_sykes January 18th 2010 12:28 PM

I told my mom first. And she did nothing about it, due to the fact that it was my stepfather. She let it happen over and over again. Starting when I was 7. It wasn't until the summer going into my 8th grade year that I actually told one of my closest friends.

Bibliophile January 18th 2010 12:52 PM

I told my best friend straight after it happened.

cryingangel January 18th 2010 01:09 PM

i told people on th and talked it through and now i am trying to get help.

FriendZoneMayor January 18th 2010 04:03 PM

guidance councilor cuz my cousin knew about it and called my school.

Stardaze January 18th 2010 04:25 PM

Told my parents after i was abused.

Kokoro January 18th 2010 05:12 PM

Well i told TH first and then spoke to a teacher about it, since I have got a lot of support and school and here and my parents.

It was hard but I felt as if I needed to.

Tegan January 18th 2010 07:57 PM

It took me over eighteen months to tell someone, I told my girlfriend about two days ago. Its still kind of scary to talk about so she doesn't know much either.

Emily. January 18th 2010 08:11 PM

I'm so glad everyone who has posted here so far has been able to tell someone. It's a secret that does not need to be kept.

It took me nearly four years to be able to tell one of my teachers in high school. Even though they didn't help much, I'm still really glad I was able to get it out.

**Theresa** January 19th 2010 12:07 AM

i hope everyone is ok now and it took me 5 years befor i told my coach that it happen for 2 years

Through-Glass January 19th 2010 01:06 AM

It's great that everyone in this thread has been able to talk about this in some away...abuse is not something that should be hidden, and talking about these things can help SO much!

The first time I ever talked about any of the abuse I had suffered was here on TeenHelp. It wasn't until six years after I had been molested...however, I did talk about my abusive ex while I was still with him. That relationship ended about six months ago.

budsmoker January 20th 2010 11:04 PM

I didn't say anything for 10 years and when i started talking about it i found it easier to open up to close people. My parents know but they don't know who.

ghost_16 January 24th 2010 04:21 AM

Only my best friend in the whole world, One I trusted my life with and the only one I felt remotely comfortable talking to about it, even then it was very scary but I would advise anyone who feels like they might want to tell someone to do so and not be afraid because it feels a whole ton better after you do.

WhisperingSilence January 24th 2010 08:32 PM

the first person i told was a helpline, then the childline / there4me site, then i found this site. and i told my friend yesterday abit about my dad she looked at me completly horrified as though she was thinking i no your dad a idiot but he would never do that. and along the way i have told my friend from college and they made tell someone so the social ended up invovled nothiing come of it though. but theres still some things i have never told my friend and theres some things i dont want to talk about.

lostandalone February 7th 2010 01:40 AM

I told my mum what happend as soon as I got home. She was the first one to tell me I was raped.