TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Rape and Abuse (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/)
-   -   Triggering: Rape and abuse: what do I do (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/t39070-rape-abuse-what-do-i-do/)

Cheer7rocks March 8th 2010 05:24 AM

Rape and abuse: what do I do

Ok I really need some advice. 2 years ago when I was 14 my 18 year old cousin and his friend both raped me for two hours. They ripped off my clothes, tied my hands above my head to the bed posts, and kissed me. While my cousin gave me oral sex his friend was grabbing my boobs. Then my cousin had sex with me. I was still a virgin and it hurt so bad. Then his friend had sex with me. They threatened me with a knife and made me promise not to tell. Then a year ago my dad came home drunk and started grabbing me. He then proceeded to grab a pool table stick and beat me with it. I ended up with 2 broken ribs and multiple bruises. And 3 months ago my dad left me alone with a family friend who was 43 years old. He raped me and hit me. I just cried through it all. I want to tell my best friend who I have known all my life but I don't know how. Please give me advice on telling and coping with it.

rebecca110109 March 8th 2010 10:12 AM

Re: Rape and abuse: what do I do

first off, sweetie, i am soo sorry that this has happened to you. this is not at all your fault, so dont ever think that. you need to get into some councelling. and telling the police would be a good idea, but maybe tell a trusted friend or adult or family member. they can help you out with this. feel free to contact me though, if you need.

Cheer7rocks March 9th 2010 04:54 AM

Thanks for the advice. This weekend my bestfriend and I are having a sleepover and I'm going to tell her so she can be my support when I tell my mom.

rebecca110109 March 9th 2010 07:14 AM

your welcome! i hope things go well for you. and keep me up to date too. ive been through these things. definatly NOT easy! but im here for you :)

Cheer7rocks March 10th 2010 04:08 AM

Thank you so much. I actually hung out with my bestfriend today after cheer practice and we were alone and talking. I told her there was something important I needed to tell her. She was shocked and just kept repeating that she was sorry and also how strong I was because she had no idea about it. I asked her to help me tell my mom and she said she would pray for me and be there. I am so glad I told her.

Cheer7rocks March 11th 2010 11:01 PM

Ok I'm getting nervous right now because my mom and I are having dinner tonight and going shopping. I want to tell her tonight but I'm not sure how to tell her. Please help.

rebecca110109 March 12th 2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheer7rocks (Post 343111)
Ok I'm getting nervous right now because my mom and I are having dinner tonight and going shopping. I want to tell her tonight but I'm not sure how to tell her. Please help.

its not something you have to rush. so dont feel like that. either way, its not going to be easy. you could try saying it as if your talking about somebody else, thats how i talk about mine. it can be a little easier that way.