TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Rape and Abuse (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/)
-   -   Fritzl admits rape, denies murder (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/t8227-fritzl-admits-rape-denies-murder/)

L'espoir March 16th 2009 10:36 PM

Fritzl admits rape, denies murder

I cannot believe anybody could do this to their own family. Its twisted.

Click here for the story

noise94 March 16th 2009 10:39 PM

Re: Fritzl admits rape, denies murder

Ohhh, I remember him. >.<

Awful awful man. Ugh, I can't believe there are people like this.

ShaunHellend March 16th 2009 10:43 PM

He's a modern day Hitler, in that sense that they both took away the rights of innocent people.

This is where the death sentence would be most fitting

udontno March 16th 2009 10:47 PM

I feel so bad for his daughter. I don't even want to acknowledge that she is his daughter. This man isn't a father. He... just doesn't deserve that title in my eyes.

InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU March 17th 2009 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaunHellend (Post 84356)
He's a modern day Hitler, in that sense that they both took away the rights of innocent people.

This is where the death sentence would be most fitting

Isn't that applicable to many criminals?

No, what would be most fitting is a fair trial.

Casey. March 17th 2009 04:08 AM

I remember this story.It's so sad.The father should get more jail time or something.

Gidig March 17th 2009 04:18 AM

I remember this story.

This is awful. I feel so sorry for his daughter and her children. I can't even begin to imagine. It's like a horror film in real life or something.

BrittneyNicole March 17th 2009 04:29 AM

I remember this story. How sickening. :(

losing touch. March 17th 2009 12:14 PM

I don't really have anything to add, like everyone else has said, this is terribly sad. What a twisted human being. urgh.

Gaia March 17th 2009 12:23 PM

Rape is bad enough, but when you're supposed to love and care for the person unconditionally, its sick. What sort of father would do that?
I'll never understand how people can get kicks from raping their family. It's absurd.

L'espoir March 17th 2009 09:26 PM

I cant believe what the poor girl must be going to, i mean, i know how girls who have been raped once often feel really traumatised. I cant imagine how much worse it could be to have it being your own father and to be locked up for so long and raped so many times... to know what was coming and not being able to stop it everyday

Work_In_Progress March 18th 2009 01:31 AM

To everyone that has been abused and raped by their own parents/family/peers, that does not give you the reason to pass on that violence to others.

This man has admitted that he was beaten when he was a child and somehow he got the idea in his mind that it was righteous to beat/rape his own offspring. Like I said, if you were beaten/raped in the past, present or in the future, it will not give you the right to do the same to others, as this man has done.

I know of a few people that were abused as a child, and they pass it on to their children, and blame THEIR parents for having abused them. It's not righteous to pass on your pain to others like this sick old man has done.

ShaunHellend March 18th 2009 01:07 PM

He reminds of Voldemort, in the sense that he was 'unloved as a child' and was the subject of much torment ...and in later life, he went on to destroy the lives of others in an attempt to gain power. The only difference is Voldemort didnt take one last chance to regret his actions before he died, whereas according to the article on the BBC today (cant access it. read it this morning. Blocked at school for some reason) Fritzl has heard the testimony of his daughter and pleaded guilty to the crimes he committed. In that sense he might not end up as the 'diseased thing, void of any human emotion' that was unable to be helped in the Kings Cross limbo. Instead if he truly has seen the horror of what he's done, he might be able to 'go on' as it were...and if he hasnt, then it's back to being an unloved little diseased thing lol ...Isn't the universe amazing ^_^

Blackwing March 18th 2009 01:16 PM

He pleaded guilty to all charges reason Change of heart. Bs!

ShaunHellend March 18th 2009 01:19 PM

It doesnt really matter ... he's still going to rot in jail (or the Psyc unit) for what he's done

*Please note that I'm not suggesting all people who visit Psyc units will rot, or infact that they have committed a crime

losing touch. March 18th 2009 01:22 PM

They're saying he may only get fifteen years. Where is the justice in this world?

Heretic March 18th 2009 01:24 PM

This man deserves a fair trial, because a fair trial ends in a very long (hopefully lifelong) prison sentence.

Gaia March 18th 2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxEllexx (Post 85876)
They're saying he may only get fifteen years. Where is the justice in this world?

There's barely ever any. The good folk get killed, the bad folk only get 15 years.
My faith in humanity dwindles after hearing stories like this.

losing touch. March 18th 2009 01:35 PM

hmm. It seems he has now plead guilty on all counts.. "after watching the video evidence he wanted to admit his guilt."

urgh. makes me sick.

udontno March 18th 2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDGE (Post 85870)
He pleaded guilty to all charges reason Change of heart. Bs!

I wonder if it was because his daughter may have been there, as cited here.

losing touch. March 18th 2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by udontno (Post 86470)

Yeah, that's what they were saying on the news. I guess him admitting it is something, but it still doesn't change what everyone is going to think of him.

Acheron March 19th 2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by udontno (Post 86470)

I suspect that it's because he's realised that he can't get a not-guilty verdict, and is hoping to get time off his sentence by pleading guilty.

noise94 March 19th 2009 09:19 PM

I wish life in jail MEANT life in jail. >.< It never does though.

And if his daughter was there, then she incredibly brave and strong.

Hyper Sonic March 19th 2009 09:30 PM

Who are we to decide what sentence he should get? We don't know the facts, only the court and Fritzl know so therefore we should not judge

Deep Brown Eyes March 19th 2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyper Sonic (Post 87247)
Who are we to decide what sentence he should get? We don't know the facts, only the court and Fritzl know so therefore we should not judge

Sure, we don't know all the facts, but we know some. If we were only allowed to make judgements on cases that we know everything about, there's no point even starting the thread! We're entitled to form an opinion on what we think he should be punished with. After all, we're all able to think independently so why shouldn't we use it? It's not like our opinions are actually going to change anything

My dad and sisters were in the living room when we saw this on TV. Dad said that he thinks Friztl should have been burned alive. Normally, I'm not as...lets say aggressive, as my dad, but this time, I think burning him at the stake would be a kind mercy.
Men as sick as that should be made to feel the pain of their victims.

Hyper Sonic March 19th 2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver (Post 87337)
Sure, we don't know all the facts, but we know some. If we were only allowed to make judgements on cases that we know everything about, there's no point even starting the thread! We're entitled to form an opinion on what we think he should be punished with. After all, we're all able to think independently so why shouldn't we use it? It's not like our opinions are actually going to change anything

My dad and sisters were in the living room when we saw this on TV. Dad said that he thinks Friztl should have been burned alive. Normally, I'm not as...lets say aggressive, as my dad, but this time, I think burning him at the stake would be a kind mercy.
Men as sick as that should be made to feel the pain of their victims.

Which is worse than sheer ignorance, we're told what the news wants us to know and hence it has their message across. In this case it's acceptable because he's admitted he is guilty of rape and there really is one message that can be sent out.

I don't think he should be burnt at the stake - Austria has EU carbon emission targets to meet :bleh:

Deep Brown Eyes March 19th 2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyper Sonic (Post 87343)
Which is worse than sheer ignorance, we're told what the news wants us to know and hence it has their message across. In this case it's acceptable because he's admitted he is guilty of rape and there really is one message that can be sent out.

I don't think he should be burnt at the stake - Austria has EU carbon emission targets to meet :bleh:

So we shouldn't have an opinion on any news story for fear that we're being fed bullshit by the new agencies? We shouldn't have an opinion on it unless we were there ourselves?

Lol. It'd be worth it :p

Hyper Sonic March 19th 2009 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver (Post 87368)
So we shouldn't have an opinion on any news story for fear that we're being fed bullshit by the new agencies? We shouldn't have an opinion on it unless we were there ourselves?

Lol. It'd be worth it :p

Nope, I'm saying that we should only present our opinion as a reality if we were there and also that we shouldn't trust the news to be entirely truthful

udontno March 20th 2009 01:50 AM

Fritzel Gets Life Sentence

I'm honestly glad to hear it.

losing touch. March 20th 2009 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by udontno (Post 87509)
Fritzel Gets Life Sentence

I'm honestly glad to hear it.

Yeah, anything less would have been ridiculous, in my opinion.

ForeverAutumn* March 20th 2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

He could in theory be released from the facility if he is deemed to be cured of his illness and would serve the remainder of his sentence in a normal prison.

In this case he will be eligible for release after 15 years.
He's already proved he's quite a good actor by being able to hide the truth for 24 years, who's to say he couldn't fake being 'cured', spend 15 years in prison, and then be released?

So much for a life sentence.