TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Mental Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f14-mental-health/)
-   -   Days (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f14-mental-health/t160845-days/)

DeletedAccount53 December 11th 2020 08:25 AM

Days

We all have days when we feel small. Really small. Completely inadequate, but saddled with all or responsibility to the ones we love. I have to keep my family safe. and safe from anyone whose intent is to hurt them. I have to do right by my family and those call our friends. I have to fight battles in myself, jut like anyone.

In the ideal world there would be days when I would love to pull the cover over my head and say to hell with it. But I don't do that. And most people don't do that. Most people get up and do their jobs and work hard for no reward at all - but just so they can get up the next day and do the whole thing over again. The world isn't perfect, and some days it wears you down. You can either accept that, and face it, and be a help to others instead of a hindrance. Or you decide the rules are too tough and they shouldn't apply to you, and you can ignore them and make things harder for everybody else. Sometimes life isn't about being sad and doing things anyway. Sometimes it's about hurt and doing things anyway. The point isn't perfection. The point is doing it anyway.

You make a go of it. The hard way - one day at a time, and with patience. And you'll hope people will have patience for you, as well.

Celyn December 12th 2020 02:27 PM

Re: Days

Thank you for sharing this. I agree, one day at a time is a good way of dealing with things. And having patience too.

DeletedAccount53 December 12th 2020 09:27 PM

I write a lot, Hollie. But I have help my my twin Sis with the spelling. She's always around to help me. Don't know how I'd cope with her. I read a lot, too, but it's all part of the degree course I'm doing at home.

Given time I'd like to give more to Teen Help.

As you said, taking a day at a time is necessary. But mostly I plan ahead because we have a lot to do and sometimes, Maman travels somewhere leaving no notice. But some mornings it's a real battle to crawl out of bed!

Rivière December 12th 2020 10:00 PM

I agree. There are days when I've just felt like I can't push myself. But then I remember that without me, my family would suffer. I bring in money to support them and help my mother with her health issues.

I think the important thing is to remember what drives us to continue. My family and my desire to move away from home are what drive me to continue going. It's what gives me a shove when I feel low.

DeletedAccount53 December 12th 2020 10:12 PM

I'm driven in a similar way. Maman could swan off to New York or Chicago if her agent in Paris gives her a new contract, but in the meantime my Sis and I plough on doing what we love best.

To earn a decent crust, to work for oneself is hard going, and nay-sayers are always round to jeer. But they know nothing, or hvae nothing better to do.

Usually I like winter since it's very hot in the Côte d'Azur, and then the cicaders drive everyone bats. :dem: