TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Mental Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f14-mental-health/)
-   -   I am 14 but physically developed, and this makes me uncomfortable sometimes (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f14-mental-health/t162262-i-am-14-but-physically-developed-makes-me-uncomfortable-sometimes/)

PrincessPeach07 November 9th 2021 03:20 AM

I am 14 but physically developed, and this makes me uncomfortable sometimes

I have had a pretty quick development growth these last 1.5 years or so - my hips have become wider, and I have gone from a 32B cup to a 32D cup (and sometimes I can even use 32DD sizes).
However, other than this, I don't think that I look any older than 14 - I am still 4'9 in height, and people can still easily guess that I am 14.
But despite this, I can often notice that adult guys and sometimes full-grown men look at me, and I will sometimes catch them looking at my breasts, although they quickly look away when I notice that.
Other than that, they mostly seem to be extra kind and polite to me, but I sort of get the feeling that they are into me, even though they don't really say that.

How do you think I should interpret this?
I am guessing that maybe they might mistake me for being several years older than 14, but I don't think that I look any older than that, except for my development in the bust and hips.
This makes me quite nervous sometimes, since it is very unsettling when a much taller and much more physically intimidating man checks me out.

Astro04 November 9th 2021 07:40 AM

Re: I am 14 but physically developed, and this makes me uncomfortable sometimes

Girls do puberty faster than boys. For me there's nothing to worry about, for example, my sis (who is 20 now) also grow fast!

PrincessPeach07 November 9th 2021 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro04 (Post 1372981)
Girls do puberty faster than boys. For me there's nothing to worry about, for example, my sis (who is 20 now) also grow fast!

It's not really something that makes me too uneasy, since I do get treated well by them.
But I sometimes feel a bit uncomfortable if I wear somewhat form-fitting clothes, since I have noticed that this gets the attention from a lot of guys of all ages.
But they do seem to quickly realise that I am likely about 14, since I am very short and since I know that my face still looks very young.
So it seems like they initially think that I am a young adult, but then notice that I am younger than that.

Astro04 November 9th 2021 09:29 PM

Trust me. It's just a normal thing.
Also If you wear some form-fitting clothes, it's normal that you will catch the attentions of every Guy. The fact is to think tha there's nothing bad to grow. As I said, girls grow faster than guys, it's normal that you will spot the differences before and during growth. And it's evident for everyone. The important thing is that's it's perfectly normal.

DeletedAccount71 November 12th 2021 07:22 AM

I am sorry that you are feeling uncomfortable with this situation. Unfortunately having an early development, especially in AFAB (assigned female at birth) people can be tricky. You do have a right to be concerned, and I want to validate that concern. It is very likely that these men are initially interested in you sexually, but probably do realize you are a minor and that's why they look away quickly. Sometimes they may be drawn to your figure and don't realize you're so young. It is, however, unfortunately possible they may not care, and are attracted to you anyway. It's gross, but I wouldn't be surprised. I encountered it as a teen myself and it felt gross to me, so I commiserate.

I want to say that you should actually be most wary of those who are extra nice to you. Those are, mostly likely, the ones who are into you. Men often act charming or chivalrous when they have ulterior motives. Not always, and I am not saying don't trust anyone who is kind to you, polite, or does nice things for you. But be discerning, and be cautious, especially if they are adult men, and not minors like you. An adult man has no business being super interested or invested in a teenage girl. Those are not safe people. So just be careful.

My hope, too, is that this doesn't cause discomfort with how you feel about your own body. I know it can be hard to be fully developed when your friends aren't yet, or feel uncomfortable when older men are obviously attracted to you; however, it doesn't mean it's bad or your body is weird or you should feel self-conscious and ashamed. You are okay the way you are, and it's important not to let others' judgments influence how you feel about yourself. You deserve to be healthy and honor your body. We all deserve that for our own bodies. So be kind to yourself. You're okay the way you are.

PrincessPeach07 November 14th 2021 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garyl (Post 1373036)
I am sorry that you are feeling uncomfortable with this situation. Unfortunately having an early development, especially in AFAB (assigned female at birth) people can be tricky. You do have a right to be concerned, and I want to validate that concern. It is very likely that these men are initially interested in you sexually, but probably do realize you are a minor and that's why they look away quickly. Sometimes they may be drawn to your figure and don't realize you're so young. It is, however, unfortunately possible they may not care, and are attracted to you anyway. It's gross, but I wouldn't be surprised. I encountered it as a teen myself and it felt gross to me, so I commiserate.

I want to say that you should actually be most wary of those who are extra nice to you. Those are, mostly likely, the ones who are into you. Men often act charming or chivalrous when they have ulterior motives. Not always, and I am not saying don't trust anyone who is kind to you, polite, or does nice things for you. But be discerning, and be cautious, especially if they are adult men, and not minors like you. An adult man has no business being super interested or invested in a teenage girl. Those are not safe people. So just be careful.

My hope, too, is that this doesn't cause discomfort with how you feel about your own body. I know it can be hard to be fully developed when your friends aren't yet, or feel uncomfortable when older men are obviously attracted to you; however, it doesn't mean it's bad or your body is weird or you should feel self-conscious and ashamed. You are okay the way you are, and it's important not to let others' judgments influence how you feel about yourself. You deserve to be healthy and honor your body. We all deserve that for our own bodies. So be kind to yourself. You're okay the way you are.

Thanks.
I have heard that a man who is unable to control his actions would think of me as "helpless prey" because I am small and look very young, and that it would apparently be extremely easy for him to overpower me.
This makes me quite concerned when I think about it, so I make sure to avoid that situation.

Astro04 November 14th 2021 06:30 AM

Good, that's agood thing! The important thing Is to think about it's a normal thing. Everyone grows, some sooner and someone later. But everyone grows.

PrincessPeach07 September 10th 2022 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro04 (Post 1373057)
Good, that's agood thing! The important thing Is to think about it's a normal thing. Everyone grows, some sooner and someone later. But everyone grows.

Thanks, I just don't understand why so many men will look at my body even though I look like my age in all other ways.
I mean, I am 4'9, and I have a face that people think makes me look like anywhere between 10-14, but never any older than that.
Shouldn't this give them a hint that I am still really young?
It seems unlikely that all these men are actually attracted to girls my age.
They do tend to be discreet with it, but I still often catch them looking at my breasts and things like that before they are able to look away, and they sometimes also look a bit embarrassed about it, and seem to struggle to avoid looking at me after that.
They might think that I don't notice it, but I can feel it.

Astro04 September 10th 2022 12:36 PM

Understandable. Women grows faster. That's our body ter all. Be happy :)

PrincessPeach07 September 10th 2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro04 (Post 1381255)
Understandable. Women grows faster. That's our body ter all. Be happy :)

Thaanks, I am fairly used to men's looks by now, and most of them seem to want to avoid making me uncomfortable.
I can catch them looking at me every now and then, but they mostly seem embarrassed when I catch them doing it, and then seem to make sure to not look at me that way after that.

DeletedAccount81 September 10th 2022 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro04 (Post 1381259)
Heh, like every man! It's like in our DNA

That's not an excuse to be ogling a 14/15 year old girl.

Some girls have a disorder of breast growth that causes them to grow bigger, earlier than they should. It can lead to back problem, self-esteem issues, and bullying. Ultimately, the only solution to that would be a costly breast reduction surgery.

PrincessPeach07 September 10th 2022 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethereal. (Post 1381270)

That's not an excuse to be ogling a 14/15 year old girl.

Some girls have a disorder of breast growth that causes them to grow bigger, earlier than they should. It can lead to back problem, self-esteem issues, and bullying. Ultimately, the only solution to that would be a costly breast reduction surgery.

I don't experience anything like that, thankfully;
I don't have breasts that are too big, they are just a size that makes them very noticeable, even when I wear loose-fitting shirts.
I also hear from both girls and guys at my school that they think I am cute and pretty, so that feels good to hear.
But there are of course a few middle-aged men who look at me as well, but it is mostly that they look at me for a brief moment and then seem to try to avoid looking.