TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Eating Disorders (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f15-eating-disorders/)
-   -   i have an eating disorder...i think (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f15-eating-disorders/t122544-i-have-eating-disorder-i-think/)

SilentBunny August 13th 2013 12:17 AM

i have an eating disorder...i think

So the past few months I've been eating one meal or skipping a meal...and usually id be good with only one meal a day. I've lost some weight and I didn't mean to, and I can stick my fingers under my ribs...
Also it hurts when I take my shirt off and people say "holy shit he's/your skinny"

ツ Wordღ August 13th 2013 05:53 PM

Re: i have an eating disorder...i think

I don't think that is classified as eating disorder unless you are self concioia about it and choose to eat more/less. If you don't want to be so skinny then eat more I guess.

SilentBunny August 13th 2013 09:50 PM

Ok, I just thought it was because I only eat one meal a day, and skipped the other 2...

Thereishope August 13th 2013 10:02 PM

Well if you're purposely only eating 1 meal a day then I would think that would be considered 1 or if anything the startings of 1. As mentioned above just try to eat more and hopefully things will work out.

SilentBunny August 13th 2013 11:59 PM

Thanks, but I don't feel like eating, my depression just takes over and I end up not eating..

Fenzy August 14th 2013 12:00 AM

I agree with Nathan and Michael. Although we cannot diagnose you with anything, it does really depend on your attitude towards food/weight/etc.

Just Peachy. August 14th 2013 12:19 AM

Hey there, I'm sorry you're going through this. Is it possible that you don't have appetite due to being depressed? Sometimes, depression can decrease appetite, as well as increase it. It's important to know the difference between the two.

First, eating disorders and depression are two different things, but can stem from each other. Those with an eating disorder view food in a negative light. These people see themselves as being huge, and use that as a motivation to not eat. People with ED's view food as an enemy. Where as people with depression can feel sad enough that there just isn't an appetite there. It's important to know the difference between the two. Do you skip meals with the intention of losing weight? This is the main question here, because whatever the answer may be- it can lead you into the a better direction of help. I hope this is making sense haha.

But whether you have an ED or depression (or even both), It's important to seek help for these. These things don't go away on their own, it can take some help and support to get through it. Do you have people you can talk to about this? Parents or a school guidance counselor? They can really aid in helping you to feel better. I also want you to try and think about what's triggering you to not eat, that way we can help you fix that.

I hope this helps! It is true though, we can't diagnose you, but we can offer more feedback with more details.

Take care <3

Kindred August 14th 2013 10:31 AM

Just as a quick addition- there's a difference between disordered eating and an eating disorder. Disordered eating can lead to an eating disorder, so be very careful and seek advice. However, often disordered eating is caused by something else, such as depression, and so should go away when these problems/issues are dealt with (:

SilentBunny August 14th 2013 04:06 PM

Well I use to think of myself as healthy weight and all, but recently when I look at my body I feel fat and I've stopped eating because of this a few days ago...ill have a light liquid meal a day, like a few glasses of pop and a handful of chips was what I had yesterday, and that made me feel sick, I hate right after I eat I just look at myself and feel fat.
As for if I have people to talk to, I have friends that I could tell, but I'm not sure how they'd react...