TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Recovery Stories (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f30-recovery-stories/)
-   -   Recovery Support and Achievements! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f30-recovery-stories/t150-recovery-support-achievements/)

love__me January 6th 2009 03:00 PM

Recovery Support and Achievements!

Edit by Jessie: Welcome to the "Recovery Support and Achievements!" thread, a combination of the "Recovery Support Thread" And "What have YOU done for recovery today?" threads!

Please feel free to post here for the following:
  • Support with recovery.
  • Achievements on your road to recovery.
Please do NOT post:
  • Weight numbers, calorie intake, or anything else that violates TeenHelp's Terms of Service.
  • Asking for advice. Please create a new thread for this purpose, to ensure you receive responses. :)

I thought i would start a Recovery Support Thread on here, since the last one was lost. This is for SUPPORT Only! Please don't give out any weight numbers, calorie intake, diet tips, etc. I am doing good with my eating problems,a nd i'm proud of myself.

laurax January 6th 2009 05:41 PM

Hi again!

im doing great too! i actually dont remember when i stopped. couldnt have been more than a month ago. i think increasing my ADD meds dose helped a lot. i felt a lot more in control of myself. today i badly wanted to purge, but i DID NOT; because id made it this far without doing it.

i WILL stay strong!
grrr!

love__me January 6th 2009 05:47 PM

I'm proud of you!

Good job girl! I'm proud of you. Let's keep it up, Okay? We can do it!

laurax January 6th 2009 05:51 PM

i still find it impossible not to obsess about anything food related. ie. cals, quantities,calculating, feeling full= "bad", not satisfying; 24/7.

am i still doing "okay"? what if it just turns into something else?

love__me January 6th 2009 06:37 PM

I think your doing okay, what do you think? It all depends on what you think on how your are doing. It doesn't depend on my thoughts, it depends on how you Perceive the definition of the word “Okay."

floatingangel January 6th 2009 10:59 PM

hey laurax.. it'll be ok (: you're strong and you can overcome all those thoughts that are simply bringing you down. talk to someone k hun? ;)

for me.. i am bulimic... i've my relapses but i'm doing relatively ok since last year when i normally purge up to 8 times a day... now it's like.. only 3 times a week! :D but i still get depressed over food, and hate myself for eating.. but i'm still fighting it..
stay strong everyone!

God, give me the strength i need...

love__me January 7th 2009 07:21 AM

Re: Recovery Support Thread

I'm proud of you floatingangel. That's really good. Keep it up, Everyone!

love__me January 9th 2009 07:30 AM

Well... Yesterday, I was struggleing, considering i had to attend a funeral for my uncle, well he's not really my uncle, but a family friend. I only had some posta a chicken leg, and some cookies and that was all at the funeral last night. today, i have had nothing so far, but i'm about to go to class so i will eat there.

Sunshine☮ January 9th 2009 06:34 PM

It's okay, Kaylee. Do your best and that's all you can do! :) Good job everyone. The road to recovery may not be smooth, but you'll get through it. <3

laurax January 9th 2009 07:45 PM

okay so i guess i made it.
i got past needing to purge. but i hate how i only recently managed to say loud and proud that id stopped, and now im seriously wanting to. i havent, but ive had a bad day of badly wanting to, because i ate "too much". i cant honestly say that "too much" is actually too much. but one step at a time, right? im just glad i made it through the night. tomorrow is a fresh new day.

thank you kaylee!!

love__me January 9th 2009 08:13 PM

Read my signiture!

I hope it helps you get through this tough time, i really do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurax (Post 7060)
okay so i guess i made it.
i got past needing to purge. but i hate how i only recently managed to say loud and proud that id stopped, and now im seriously wanting to. i havent, but ive had a bad day of badly wanting to, because i ate "too much". i cant honestly say that "too much" is actually too much. but one step at a time, right? im just glad i made it through the night. tomorrow is a fresh new day.

thank you kaylee!!

Marshmello Kid January 11th 2009 06:37 PM

What have YOU done for recovery today?

I found this on a different site, I think it's a really great idea.

"
What this does is it allows me to focus on my progress instead of the things I perhaps didn’t do so well at.

So i invite you all to start doing this with me. I think it would be healthiest if we didn’t include numbers, or specific foods and though this may sound like it limits what you can post I promise it does.

For example there is no need to say ‘I ate X amount of calories’ or ‘I had <specific food> for breakfast’ but rather it would be healthier for us to post things like ‘I ate a healthy amount today’ or ‘I ate out with a friend’ or ‘I found out my weight is back in a healthy bracket’. it would even be great if it wasnt food, weight or anything of the sort related such as... ‘I wore a pretty dress that made me feel GORGEOUS’ or ‘I really worked hard in therapy’"

Okay, so I'll start.

I ate 2 whole meals today [=

SimplyComplex January 11th 2009 07:44 PM

Re: What have YOU done for recovery today?

Today, I reached out to someone I care for. And, gained another close friend. :]

(great Idea by the way)

laurax January 12th 2009 05:04 PM

okay so ive had another bad day. but i made it through the last one, so i know i can do it again.
at least now i know that i particularly need to focus during times of stress.

im beginning to be able to rationalise with myself when things get tough, and to force myself to calm down when i start panicking. its hard, but itll get easier, i know it.
every day that i consciously reject binge/purging is another battle won.

love__me January 13th 2009 01:50 PM

I'm proud of you Laura! Good job!!!!

love__me January 13th 2009 02:02 PM

Today, I'm working on a fictional story about my problems with food. I also offered to talk to someone if they needed to talk.

This is a great Idea, and this thread should be stickied

Clang January 13th 2009 02:10 PM

Today I joined this great site

Stuckinhell January 13th 2009 02:26 PM

I told my bf about my ED

And this is going to be really helpful...great idea

Angel January 13th 2009 03:05 PM

I promised him I would stay strong.

Marshmello Kid January 13th 2009 03:06 PM

I told my best friend my weight.

darkinnocenteyes January 13th 2009 04:46 PM

I talked to my counsilor and she's going to help me get funding to go to remuda ranch! I'm really gonna recover! YAY!

love__me January 13th 2009 06:27 PM

I'm from Indiana too! I'm talking to my friend Cortnie, who knows about my problems with food.

SimplyComplex January 13th 2009 06:29 PM

I remembered my promise to stay strong.

laurax January 14th 2009 11:42 AM

i ate breakfast! and lunch!
probably not what qualifies as "breakfast and lunch foods", but i ate a reasonable amount at both times.
its hard. very hard. im slightly scared of what ive done, but im proud as well. i was with someone, so i couldnt exactly lose control, which was good.

Stuckinhell January 14th 2009 12:33 PM

I ate a full meal without purging :D

i_am_me_again January 14th 2009 01:08 PM

Today I managed to eat some lunch and fruit. :)

laurax January 14th 2009 01:42 PM

i also just ate dinner
thats THREE MEALS today!
still feeling a bit shaky, but its the first day ive had three meals for a while..

love__me January 14th 2009 04:13 PM

I'm proud of you! good job!

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurax (Post 15973)
i also just ate dinner
thats THREE MEALS today!
still feeling a bit shaky, but its the first day ive had three meals for a while..

i_am_me_again January 16th 2009 05:33 AM

Im actually proud of myself & everyone else fighting an eating disorders. Well done. You can beat it.

Slade January 16th 2009 06:17 AM

I can't get over my ED. I just wanna give up and let it kill me... I hate my ED but I can't keep it under control, I wish I was dead.... :(

Anna Skye January 16th 2009 01:45 PM

Taylor - YOU ARE SOOOOO STRONG!!! Don't let a stupid little thing like food bring you down, eh? You're simply too wonderful, and that's final. PM me?

Recovering from my ED is super painful. I can't stand ingesting food without getting it out of me later (which I haven't in about 7 months), but people around me are suspicious that I'm back on an ED because I exercise a lot, so in order to counter that, I eat fattening food, and it hurts my psyche so badly... :( GAAAAH!!!!!!

peace and love

laurax January 17th 2009 05:07 AM

so, i slipped up bad on tuesday, and it felt like it was back to square one.
BUT
today, to celebrate my birthday, im going to a film with my boyfriend, and we\'re going to lunch as well. and ill be eating dinner with him too. which means that ill be eating TWO meals today, and no chance to regret it cuz he\'s there =]

Marshmello Kid January 18th 2009 06:46 PM

I went swimming in a two piece and it made me feel really great about myself. [=

udontno January 18th 2009 07:58 PM

Today, I told MJ that next month will be six months since the last time I purged.

I can\'t believe where I\'m at today. I\'ve also had a lot of foods that were previously on my bad list and I\'m proud that I can now eat them and be okay with it.

.Jess. January 19th 2009 08:20 AM

Today I ate lunch.
Not for the right reasons, but I ate it. I freaked, but still I ate it right?

reflection_of_who January 19th 2009 12:20 PM

Right!^

I\'ve not binged or purged. This is good. whoop.

Bibliophile January 19th 2009 12:43 PM

Ate three meals. :o

laurax January 19th 2009 02:10 PM

i ate dinner today. and some food earlier, but not at a particular meal time.
plan for tomorrow: eat breakfast!! so as i can concentrate fully on my english exam!

love__me January 19th 2009 02:22 PM

How is everyone doing on their Recovery? I\'m doing good, I haven\'t purged in nearly four months now. I\'m so proud of myself.

udontno January 19th 2009 09:15 PM

Today, while I was having a snack I sat and reflected. 9 months ago, six months ago, I wouldn\'t have been able to eat that snack. If I would have slipped and eaten it, I would have thrown it up and then exercised.

I\'ve come so far really. Sometimes it shocks me even.