TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Eating Disorders (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f15-eating-disorders/)
-   -   Used to have anorexia, but I think now I'm binging.. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f15-eating-disorders/t74618-used-have-anorexia-but-i-think-now-im-binging/)

Lost_Confused May 18th 2011 09:12 PM

Used to have anorexia, but I think now I'm binging..

I'm always hungry. So I'm always eating. And it's mostly sugar and junk. And No matter how much I feel sick, or how much junk I've had, I always find myself eating more. Not just at regular meals, but in between too. And it doesn't help that in class we're making ice cream and monkey bread.... Anyways, I just don't know what I should do. I want to eat healthy, and not eat so much, but my body's always craving sugar and junk. And if I don't eat it, then I pretty much go insane. o.o I'm always feeling fat, so that makes me even more depressed, and then I eat more. Seriously. In the past... 5? days I've eaten almost an entire cake. Minus a slice, cuz someone else ate it.

I just can't win, can I.

DeletedAccount63 May 19th 2011 08:54 AM

Re: Used to have anorexia, but I think now I'm binging..

Honestly it doesn't sound like binge eating to me. I restrict and binge and I can tell you when I binge I am not thinking and literarly just eat and eat. Did you get help for your anorexia? or did you recover by yourself? Because if you got better by yourself maybe you should go to a councilor who specializes in eds and have her help you make a food plan and meal. Right now I'm supposed to be eating 3 meals and 2 snack so maybe you should try that. To me though your eating just sounds like bordum of maybe you missed all that food and now that you can eat it you can't stop because your body's afraid you'll stop again. Sorry if this didn't help or make sense

Lost_Confused May 19th 2011 11:45 AM

It made sense, thanks.
I don't know, I just know I'm eating all the time and I hate it. And yes, it was by myself.

YoungDragonfly_ May 19th 2011 07:15 PM

God I hate that feelings more than anyything in the world. I used to do that, and then I started purging after every binge and now have rotten teeth at 19 -_- .. Anyways. It's just about the most hopeless feeling ever, you had so much control now you can't control yourself. I found that writing up a plan of what I am going to eat for the day helped a little bit. And when I got the urge to binge redirecting your mind works. It's NOT easy at all, but I found like doing things like going to a clothes store and trying on a bunch of clothes just to get out of the house works. Or pick up a hobby. I started making bracelets when I would get the urge to binge, and it deff worked. And brush your teeth and tongue with super minty tooth paste if you think you will binge, everything always tastes worse right after brushing your teeth. I hope this helps !