TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Eating Disorders (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f15-eating-disorders/)
-   -   Seeping back into Bulimia/Anorexia (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f15-eating-disorders/t87867-seeping-back-into-bulimia-anorexia/)

mckaylala November 4th 2011 01:59 AM

Seeping back into Bulimia/Anorexia

My mom told me that I needed to lose weight because no one would love me. After not eating for a while I got down to a weight I thought I looked pretty. I finally started eating again but have gained a lot of weight. I was just wondering what are some ways I can continue on my good habit and not seep back to anorexia and bulimia?

Tigerlily. November 4th 2011 03:14 AM

Re: Seeping back into Bulimia/Anorexia

The thing with this is that you had starved yourself, when you starve yourself your metabolism slows down because your body doesn't know when it'll get food and nutrients again, so then when you start to eat again it immediately hangs on to what you give it because after starving your body, it doesn't know when it can get food and energy again. That's what sends a lot of people recovering from ED's into relapse. You just need to eat healthy, you will probably still gain weight but after a while of healthy eating plus exercise it'll regulate out to a good weight again.

Coffee. November 4th 2011 06:53 AM

Hey there,

I'm very glad you are no longer engaging in these behaviors. These can be beyond dangerous, but addictive, and very harmful to your body. Have you talked to a professional about seeking help for your disorder? I believe talking to an adult, such as a guidance counselor or teacher about the disorder, along with having somebody talk with you and your mother together, would be very beneficial. Your mother has no right to tell you these things, and both of you need to get help for your relationship in order for you to heal completely.

I would recommend you see a professional, such as a doctor, dietitian, or nutritionist, who can be able to give you a special plan for your diet. A person like this can take into account your weight, how much you want to remain, along with the fact that you've had trouble with eating disorders in the past. This can help rebuild any bone loss, and be able to keep on a healthy diet that can work for you. Until then, I'm going to leave you the TeenHelp Guide to Healthy Eating as a general guideline to how healthy diet plans are usually laid out.

Good luck! I'm ALWAYS here if you need! :hug:

mckaylala November 4th 2011 06:46 PM

Thank you very much both of you =) I think I am going to take your advice and see if my mom and I can get some help because our relationship is going downhill.
Yeah I was afraid that I messed up my metabolism and I'm just thinking what if it takes too long to even out. The weight gain isn't bad it just freaking me out a lot. Do you know how long it takes to even out or is it different for everyone?
Sorry if this is a stupid question I just hope I didn't screw up my body forever.
(and the Jenna Marble pic kinda made my day haha)

Coffee. November 4th 2011 09:34 PM

No problem! :) As I said, I am not a doctor, so I'm not 100% sure on the metabolism issue, but I would say it would vary per person. There are certain foods that can help your metabolism, lots of fruits and vegetables always help, and green tea is a great way to increase your metabolism and help your body get back on track. But for a full diet plan that can help rebuild your body, a doctor would be the better option. And talking to your mother is a great idea. It would be great to rebuild a relationship. A professional in Psychology can really help, but I bet a teacher or school counselor can really help as well!

And you're welcome! Jenna Marbles makes my day every day. :hehe:

mckaylala November 5th 2011 02:20 AM

Working at KFC probably doesnt give me the best dieting help haha. But yeah I think it is best the metabolism thing is freaking me out but I will get over it.