TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/)
-   -   Spoiler: Doctor Who (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/t108995-doctor-who/)

Snufkin September 1st 2012 08:22 PM

Doctor Who

Oh yes it is that time of the year. Who watched???

I loved it! Oswin! OSWIN!!! That totally took me by surprise, new companion in episode 1 when she wasn't meant to show up til Christmas. Ohh that Moffat.

Good episode, I didn't like last season much so this was the best episode in a while, definitely best since The Doctor's Wife.

Evanesco September 1st 2012 08:50 PM

Re: Doctor Who

How can Oswin be a companion, she's a dead dalek..... u_u

But I loved it. I spent the day in a state of constant excitement waiting for it. :hehe:

Raggedy Man, Goodnight! September 1st 2012 09:23 PM

I watched Dr Who and I loved it, Oswin took me by surprise too. Also the conversation that Amy and Rory had brought tears to my eyes. The episode was great.

Snufkin September 1st 2012 10:31 PM

I kinda wish they'd left the Ponds' reconciliation til later. If you had watched Pond Life, they split up in the last 1-minute episode, and then got back together in the first episode of the season. Seemed a bit pointless. I love them as a couple but if they're gonna go through a hardship, at least make us want them to get back together for a few weeks before giving us what we want.

Also, I object to this thread being labelled as spoilery. The show has aired, it isn't a spoiler.

Jack Lowden September 1st 2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snufkin (Post 940565)
Also, I object to this thread being labelled as spoilery. The show has aired, it isn't a spoiler.

I don't watch this show but just to clarify, I had labelled it as "spoiler" because some people might not have seen the episode yet. That is all. :p

facade September 2nd 2012 04:09 AM

I LOVED POND LIFE.
It was the highlight of my day everyday this week.

The whole "I didn't kick you out, I gave you up!" thing totally killed me. I was doing okay throughout the entire episode and then when she said that I was like :'( .

I like Oswin, but at the same time I don't.
I don't like her just because I love the Ponds and I don't want to see them go.

IT NEEDS TO BE SATURDAY AGAIN!

Mitch September 2nd 2012 05:12 AM

ZOMG I've been waiting for soooooo long! I had to sit through repeats starting from Series 1, which is all well and fine but you end up anticipating everything that happens lol!. :dem:

I checked into iView, and the first episode doesn't air till the 8th of September!!! But it was added 9 hours ago which means I can watch it now omg! :D:D:D:D
I've just watched the trailers and it finally looks like they have a kickass budget to work with. Last series was just pathetic tbh, although it had some good plotlines and twists. :nosweat: Can you tell I'm excited? :p

Evanesco September 2nd 2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch (Post 940706)
ZOMG I've been waiting for soooooo long! I had to sit through repeats starting from Series 1, which is all well and fine but you end up anticipating everything that happens lol!. :dem:

I've been watching series one. :D I always loved Eccleston the best. :p

Everglow. September 3rd 2012 01:10 PM

Eh, I didn't see the whole episode, but I dont know. I'm still really iffy about the whole thing because I haven't been a fan of it generally since series 4, but it's probably due to the change in writer and everything else.
I hate amy, like with a passion.
I'm not sure about Oswin yet. She seems like a cool character, but I'll watch it back and see if I agree with everyones love for her.
Being on tumblr has sort of opened my mind to it a bit more, but I'll see when I've watched the whole thing. :bleh:

LlamaLlamaDuck September 3rd 2012 02:42 PM

I really wasn't that fussed. I've only seen the odd episode here and there of series 5/6 because I don't really like Matt Smith much. And what's the big deal with Oswin? Seriously. She died, and became a dalek. Sad, but oh well.
I'd rather just rewatch series 1-4. :p

Everglow. September 3rd 2012 03:30 PM

Update: I watched the whole episode and I kinda' do love Oswin a little bit. The episode was better than the previous series' but I just hope they can keep that up. Dinosaurs next? Really? :nosweat:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gymnophoria (Post 941388)
I really wasn't that fussed. I've only seen the odd episode here and there of series 5/6 because I don't really like Matt Smith much. And what's the big deal with Oswin? Seriously. She died, and became a dalek. Sad, but oh well.
I'd rather just rewatch series 1-4. :p

And yeah I agree, series 1-4 are a lot better in my opinion than anything after it so far. I'll keep my mind open but yeah. :bleh:

Gingerbread Latte September 3rd 2012 03:59 PM

I liked it but at the same time I didn't. I don't get the whole human dalek things. The daleks hate all other races and think they're superior to everyone else so I don't really get why they would make those human-y dalek things.

I don't know what the big deal with Oswin is either. She's not a bad character but I don't think she's a super awesomely awesome character either >.>

forfrosne September 3rd 2012 04:25 PM

Awesome episode, next one looks so shit though, not going to bother watching it.

Mitch September 4th 2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Morrigan (Post 941396)
I liked it but at the same time I didn't. I don't get the whole human dalek things. The daleks hate all other races and think they're superior to everyone else so I don't really get why they would make those human-y dalek things.

I don't know what the big deal with Oswin is either. She's not a bad character but I don't think she's a super awesomely awesome character either >.>

It isn't the first time the Daleks have made use of other species in their plans. It's not that they like them, they are clearly superior, but they have created 'experiment' so to speak, before. (Dalek Sek, <-- imagine new ways of surviving; clearly they weren't superior) It's a recurring theme since the 60's, basically Humans (or at least the doctor) have defeated Daleks time and time again and it is because of these 'Human qualities' that the Daleks cannot win. It's an obsession I think.
Oswin was intelligent, obviously above the rest of her ship and perhaps this is why she received special treatment, but she overcame the Dalek mindset and spared the doctor - was it an attempt to trap and finally kill the Doctor?
Although, just like Amy, I sorta can't imagine the series without her being annoying...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...?newsfeed=true

...."Unless this is all a big setup to have a fully robotic, furious Dalek as the Doctor's next assistant, because I'd be fully behind that decision. Especially if it kept trying to kill Matt Smith in increasingly complicated ways. Road Runner in space. Who wouldn't love that?" :D That would hilarious, I can imagine it sort of Benny Hill style haha.

Gingerbread Latte September 7th 2012 12:49 AM

I just found this randomly on Tumblr and I think this person's opinion makes a lot of sense.

http://stfu-moffat.tumblr.com/post/3...-little-sister

I think I partly agree with her as well. Moffat's writing definitely isn't on par with Davies'. Even if you don't agree with the above I think the opinion and argument is well constructed.

Snufkin September 10th 2012 12:29 AM

Well first off she's related to someone whose favourite episode is Fear Her. Strike 1.

She's thinking this deeply about a kid's show. Strike 2.

Moffat wrote Blink. Strike 3.

I don't get the complaining. I haven't seen episode 2 yet but episode 1 rocked. It was fun again. We live in a generation that, when anything remotely gay gets mentioned, must be analysed. So she went through a phase. SO FUCKING WHAT. Tumblr thinks it's the Lady Gaga of social media and everything must be somewhat gay. That offends me because it's nonsense. Imagine the outcry there would be on there if there was fanfiction about making gay characters straight.

Also, everything happens in one episode? Uh, yeah. Last season that didn't happen because of an arc involving the Doctor dying popping up in episode 1 and being resolved in the finale. And last season sucked. Monster-of-the-week episodes, such as those of 9 and 10, are miles better.

But really, above all else, if you don't like a TV show, find a new fucking TV show. I see this all the time in music - people complain that bands have sold out, or they're not as good anymore. Okay, you're entitled to that opinion, but the minute you start talking down to people for enjoying a band's music then you become an asshole.

It's an impressive lecture, but I think it's just someone who's got far too much time on their hands and puts far too much effort into trying to enjoy a TV show made for children. Either watch it or don't - there's always HBO.

Gingerbread Latte September 10th 2012 06:23 PM

I don't really agree with her about the whole gay thing etc. but I do think Moffat's episodes aren't as great as the old ones. I didn't even know he wrote Blink but that's one of my least favourite episodes of David Tennant :p

I do agree with you that she probably has too much time on her hands though xD

Snufkin September 12th 2012 01:24 AM

YOU DON'T LIKE BLINK?!

Looking back, my last post was awfully ranty...haha.

Again, I quite liked this week's episode after finally catching it on iPlayer. Some good daft lines, and a lot of innuendo.