TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Why did my period come a week early?? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t117004-why-did-my-period-come-week-early/)

bitesize March 12th 2013 11:31 PM

Why did my period come a week early??

My period just came 8 days early, and I don't know why. I've always been very regular. I know it takes a while to get back into a cycle after coming off the pill, which I have, but that was in June - surely it's settled down now!

It's not implantation bleeding. I had a very busy week last week as I was doing a stage performance every night - it was exhausting but not overly stressful but could that have affected it?? I've also been very sick the last few days with a sort of throat/chest sickness, would that have anything to do with it??

Is it anything to worry about?? It just hasn't happened to me since I was about 14. :/

Apple Orchard Ghost March 14th 2013 01:15 AM

Re: Why did my period come a week early??

Periods like to do weird things because they enjoy inconveniencing people. The factors you've listed probably have a hand in it. I wouldn't worry until it gets really crazy all the time.

DeletedAccount63 March 14th 2013 01:31 AM

I would worry about it. Periods have a weird way of sneaking up on us when we are least expecting.like the person said above me I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets really out of control.

Dark-and-Twisty March 14th 2013 01:41 AM

Don't worry about it. If it happens again, then I'd make a trip to the gynecologist. My periods are usually very regular, though they can fluctuate a day or two. However, there seems like once or twice a year (usually once in the summer and once in the winter), my period will come a week early or a week late. Sometimes traveling or seasons seem to affect it. Also, when I'm around other females frequently, I'll notice that my cycle will change. Women tend to "sync" when they're around each other, which can affect your periods.

There's all kinds of crazy factors that affect your period other than stress. Some, you might not even think about!

bitesize March 14th 2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective Olivia Benson (Post 1007134)
Also, when I'm around other females frequently, I'll notice that my cycle will change. Women tend to "sync" when they're around each other, which can affect your periods.

Oops, forgot to mention it in the original thread, but I thought it could be cos this was happening - I was spending almost 24/7 with people from college for the performance so maybe it was syncing me up with some of the other girls!