TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/)
-   -   Medication. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/t119170-medication/)

iloveanime May 11th 2013 05:08 AM

Medication.

Ok well next week my psychiatrist wants to start me on some sort of medication for my depression. I've never really done this so I'm sort of scared. I was wondering if anyone here has dealt with the same experiences and knows if taking such medication does anything.

DeletedAccount17 May 11th 2013 05:38 AM

Re: Medication.

Hey, Chloe!

I've never talked to anyone or tried any medication so I don't have a lot of helpful information about it. I just wanted to add that I've heard of others taking medication and it being beneficial after awhile. I think it depends on how long you stick with it and what type of medicine it is. Pretty sure it depends on the person as well.

Do what makes you comfortable. Don't be forced to take medication if you don't want to. :) When you get prescribed with something, you can ask your psychiatrist about any questions you may have about it. Don't hold back if you're concerned!

Good luck.

iloveanime May 11th 2013 05:49 AM

Yeah, that makes sense, I guess I just need some support and reassurance and whatnot. I think I'm gonna try it cause I'm curious to see if it will benefit me in anyway. I really hope it does though. My brother takes some for his depression and I didn't want to ask him cause it'd be sort of weird y'know.

DeletedAccount17 May 11th 2013 06:27 AM

If you wanna try it then I think you should. I hope it works for you too. :) Keep us updated?

I see how that would be weird for you but I still think you should ask. He is your brother! You could ask him in a note or letter to make it a little easier if you decide to ask.

iloveanime May 11th 2013 06:46 AM

Yeah I hope it works out! I will, definitely! I'll think about asking my bro, we're sorta close but not close y'know. I shall definitely give it lots of thought though! Thank you, you're amazing! :hug:

Ella.x May 11th 2013 06:46 AM

Hi, I've been on antidepressants for about 4 years now, and tried several different ones before I found a combination that works for me. For me, they reduce the depression to a point where I can function and go to work and what not. Don't be disheartened if the first ones you try don't work, it can take a while of trying out different types before you find something that works for you.

iloveanime May 11th 2013 06:51 AM

Dear Ella,
Thank you for telling me. It means a lot and gives me some hope. I definitely will not give up after the first try now that you've told me this! Thank you! I am curious to if you had any side effects to the medication?
Sincerely,
Chloe