TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/)
-   -   Gunman Kills Abortion Doctor (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/t16017-gunman-kills-abortion-doctor/)

QuestionToTheWorld_xX May 31st 2009 07:58 PM

Gunman Kills Abortion Doctor

I just saw this on the news and I was wondering on what everyone else's take on this was.

Me being pro-life, I really think that this gunman is just giving others like me a bad name. I know, this man was strongly for abortion, but was killing him really the best way to handle this situation? o.O

Link:
http://news.aol.com/article/abortion...illed%2F505406

PhoenixAlive May 31st 2009 08:08 PM

Re: Gunman Kills Abortion Doctor

I think that this is just really, really hypocritical. For someone who is supposed to respect and protect all human life to kill someone??

Heretic May 31st 2009 08:18 PM

Wow, that's maximum hypocrisy. That's just pathetic.

Gingerbread Latte May 31st 2009 08:30 PM

Isn't this hypocritical? He's killed someone to show that he thinks killing is wrong...

Pelios May 31st 2009 08:36 PM

That sucks, killing is never the solution.

peaceSRC May 31st 2009 08:43 PM

I believe it is completely right for a woman to have a choice, it's nobody else's, but this gunman is an idiot. The doctor was just doing his job.

Blackwing May 31st 2009 09:05 PM

He made a strong statement.

Hi_ImJordan May 31st 2009 10:08 PM

There is no difference between this and Muslim extremism; it's terrorism, and more importantly, it's domestic terrorism. This guy should be sent to guantanamo bay and then be waterboarded.

sunnnyBoo May 31st 2009 10:21 PM

Somebody hated abortion a littlee to much..
lol.

InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU June 1st 2009 12:03 AM

LOL, nice hypocritical act. He is for life so he kills a medical doctor? Strong statement it may have been but it was an extremely hypocritical one.

Double X June 1st 2009 12:06 AM

I'm not really that surprised...it's in freaking Kansas.

losing touch. June 1st 2009 01:06 AM

what? that just makes no sense. urgh. feel sorry for the guy who got killed, not really justified.

Grizabella June 1st 2009 01:38 AM

I'm curious about what the gunman thought this would accomplish. All this does is make all pro-lifers seem like psycho vigilantes, which doesn't help their cause. Killing one abortion doctor isn't going to stop abortions, it means the women who were going to see that doctor are now going to see a different one. All he's done is guaranteed himself a lengthy prison sentence. Some people just have no sense in them.

kimvia June 1st 2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDGE (Post 154252)
He made a strong statement.

yeah, but i don't think its the statement he meant to make. It doesn't make people think "oh wow, abortion is bad" it makes people think he's crazy and it carries that thought to other pro-lifers.

Blackwing June 1st 2009 02:36 AM

Well most people who hate abortion don't go out and kill others who are Pro abortion.

thebigmole June 1st 2009 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDGE (Post 154539)
Well most people who hate abortion don't go out and kill others who are Pro abortion.

Sorry I can't help it this annoys me every time. NO ONE is "Pro-abortion", nobody they don't exist.

Anywho this is indeed horrible, and certainly doesn't make pro-lifers look all too great.

Elf June 1st 2009 06:46 PM

And here I was not knowing that "pro life" means you only care about fetuses and not people who are already born. Geez, surprises abound.

No but seriously, this is just really sad. Some people need to learn how to cool it.

Kumagoro June 1st 2009 08:27 PM

That is soooo hypocritical. Killing someone because you're against aborting life...wow, that makes a lot of sense. =/
If someone's against abortion then fine, I don't think I have any power to change their beliefs. But murder isn't the best way to go about voicing that view. It's just sick.

ridiculousness June 2nd 2009 01:33 AM

Wow, that's tragic. :\
He helped so many women and gets SHOT? Ugh.
My view on pro-lifers won't change by this, I know they're not psychos willing to kill for all the...fetuses or whatever the guy shot him for. It's horrible that he did this.

Acheron June 2nd 2009 01:46 AM

To all those saying that it's hypocritical for a pro-lifer to kill an abortion doctor, the murderer would have thought that he was saving hundreds or even thousands of lives: the fact that they were pre-birth makes no difference to the pro-lifer. Would you kill one person to save a hundred others? Especially if you knew that there was no legal recourse. Not that I agree with what this guy did. I'm pro-choice and a pacifist. But he did have a certain twisted logic.

Grizabella June 2nd 2009 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acheron (Post 155412)
To all those saying that it's hypocritical for a pro-lifer to kill an abortion doctor, the murderer would have thought that he was saving hundreds or even thousands of lives: the fact that they were pre-birth makes no difference to the pro-lifer. Would you kill one person to save a hundred others? Especially if you knew that there was no legal recourse. Not that I agree with what this guy did. I'm pro-choice and a pacifist. But he did have a certain twisted logic.

I'm trying to understand his serious lack of logic. Clearly he thought killing the doctor would do something, but you only have to think about it a second to see that killing one doctor doesn't stop women having abortions, it just gets them to go to a different doctor. It doesn't further the pro-life cause, it makes it seem like anyone against abortion is a psycho waiting to kill anyone who doesn't agree with them. It's just amazing sometimes how little sense people have.

InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU June 2nd 2009 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acheron (Post 155412)

I see the logic of kill 1 to save 100s, however, his actions don't stop abortionists from performing abortions, don't stop women from getting abortions and they don't put people who have the stance of "pro-life" in a good light. One could argue later that "pro-lifers" are loony because of what this guy did. Obviously that's horrible arguing, however, something this drastic does stick on some people's minds and may give the impression to some that this is how "pro-lifers" are.

Also, whenever someone hears the term "pro-life", it gives the impression that takes a stance of furthering, bettering and helping human life, not going around killing people. Yes he may have in his mind saved numerous fetuses, however, it's not really a win for him. If anything, it's a loss overall.

Blackwing June 2nd 2009 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebigmole (Post 154553)
Sorry I can't help it this annoys me every time. NO ONE is "Pro-abortion", nobody they don't exist.

Anywho this is indeed horrible, and certainly doesn't make pro-lifers look all too great.

Well I don't agree with killing the doctor because he was doing a job he was paid to do.

kimvia June 3rd 2009 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDGE (Post 155546)
Well I don't agree with killing the doctor because he was doing a job he was paid to do.

lol, just playing devil's advocate...
What if he were volunteering?

Lorelei June 3rd 2009 05:53 AM

What a stupid crime. He's not accomplishing anything by shooting a doctor, he's just adding to the problem and making himself look bad. In his head he believed he was saving lives, but he didn't take into account that there are plenty of other doctors out there who will take the dead doctor's place.

For the record, I'm pro-choice. Especially in cases where the mother's life is in danger, abortion should be an option.

Hi_ImJordan June 3rd 2009 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimvia (Post 156339)
lol, just playing devil's advocate...
What if he were volunteering?

I seriously doubt that situation has or will ever happen.

Penguin Queen June 3rd 2009 09:57 AM

I am strongly pro choice. All that man has done is made everyone who is pro life seem crazy, killed a doctor, and earned himself a long prison sentence.

PhoenixAlive June 3rd 2009 02:00 PM

I just really really hope that people aren't going to judge all pro-lifers by what this psychopath has done.

Oiseau the Little Bird! June 3rd 2009 06:24 PM

I think that even though what the man did was extremely awful and terrible, it's important to consider something that makes this man a human: he was only doing what he thought was the right thing to do. Not that it DOES make it right, but that is often the driving force behind people who do atrocious things -- it does not make that person a despicable being.

PhoenixAlive June 3rd 2009 08:10 PM

I'm sure Hitler thought he was doing the right thing when he ordered the deaths of at least 6 million Jews too, however that does NOT make him any less of a psychopath, or any more right.

Gidig June 3rd 2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiseau the Little Bird! (Post 156719)
I think that even though what the man did was extremely awful and terrible, it's important to consider something that makes this man a human: he was only doing what he thought was the right thing to do. Not that it DOES make it right, but that is often the driving force behind people who do atrocious things -- it does not make that person a despicable being.

Peoples actions make them despicable. It's not a "only if..." But I think if you kill someone, especially as being a hypocrite, then it's not right. And I think this man is worse than despicable, no matter the reason.

Grizabella June 4th 2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoenixAlive (Post 156511)
I just really really hope that people aren't going to judge all pro-lifers by what this psychopath has done.

Unfortunately, a lot probably will.