TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/)
-   -   Gaining weight (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/t161639-gaining-weight/)

Allyson Wood May 7th 2021 04:50 AM

Gaining weight

Gaining weight has been a problem for me nowadays, any recommendations on training software or diet apps that could help with my problem?

Silvan May 7th 2021 04:34 PM

Re: Gaining weight

Hello,
I don't know of such apps because I don't use them, but I have some other suggestions if I may :)
First of all, have you thought about making a health check-up? If you've been gaining weight rapidly, it might be a result of an ailment, for example something wrong with how your thyroid's functioning.
Second of all, how about consulting a dietician? They will take into account more information than an app could, such as your average physical activity, job, health condition, food preferences and other needs.

If you still prefer to carry on with a home diet, I suggest cutting out artificial foods completely (sweets and salty snacks, as well as soft drinks). It may turn out that this alone will help you lose some weight or at least stop you from gaining it. If you want to go further - as little unhealthy fats and empty carbs as possible, as little coffee/alcohol as possible etc. (rules of an average more-or-less healthy diet). Drink lots of water. If you could add physical exercise, that would be fantastic.
I hope I helped a bit ;) good luck with achieving your goal.
xoxo S

Rivière May 8th 2021 08:15 PM

I would strongly suggest that you start tracking your food. You can either do this by getting a notebook and noting down all the food you're eating, along with their calories, or use an app such as MyFitnessPal which can help make things easier. The app allows you to scan barcodes of products. Then all you need to do is fill in a few numbers and dropdown arrows and you're done.

I also agree with Sue in regards to cutting out foods such as sweets etc. Fast food is another to consider, as many contain little nutritional value.

If you're intending to have something sweet, try and replace it with some fruit. It'll still contain sugar but it's naturally occurring and also contains valuable vitamins and minerals that your body needs to keep going.

I would definitely seek help from a dietician as they're able to help prescribe a meal plan or diet that's based around your height, age, current weight etc; or at the very least, provide you with some more nutritional guidance.

Allyson Wood May 13th 2021 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivière (Post 1366837)
I would strongly suggest that you start tracking your food. You can either do this by getting a notebook and noting down all the food you're eating, along with their calories, or use an app such as MyFitnessPal which can help make things easier. The app allows you to scan barcodes of products. Then all you need to do is fill in a few numbers and dropdown arrows and you're done.

I also agree with Sue in regards to cutting out foods such as sweets etc. Fast food is another to consider, as many contain little nutritional value.

If you're intending to have something sweet, try and replace it with some fruit. It'll still contain sugar but it's naturally occurring and also contains valuable vitamins and minerals that your body needs to keep going.

I would definitely seek help from a dietician as they're able to help prescribe a meal plan or diet that's based around your height, age, current weight etc; or at the very least, provide you with some more nutritional guidance.

Thanks for the tips. I'm gonna try getting a dietician soon. :D

startangle May 20th 2021 06:16 AM

You can try MyNetDiary and MyFitnessPal apps to help you with your diets and fitness for losing weight.

Allyson Wood May 25th 2021 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by startangle (Post 1367241)
You can try MyNetDiary and MyFitnessPal apps to help you with your diets and fitness for losing weight.

Thanks, I'll try using them both if I had time.

dandycasper78 December 23rd 2021 12:57 PM

do not repeat my mistakes, do not become a vegetarian. In general, vegetarianism did not give me any bonuses other than being overweight (in the "best" times it was almost 70).

hendertik January 17th 2022 08:30 AM

Protein powders and moderately hard exercise. This way, the weight you gain will be healthy and not just fat.