TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/)
-   -   I'm going to have to talk to my doctor about it but I can't (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/t27499-im-going-have-talk-my-doctor-about-but-i-cant/)

Pessimistic Panda October 10th 2009 06:43 AM

I'm going to have to talk to my doctor about it but I can't

This might sound stupid or immature but I'm having a serious problem. I have extreme pain during innercourse I have PCOS and possibly have endometreiosis (sp). I'm going to have to tell my doctor about this pain and I don't know how on earth I'm going to tell her. My mom usually calls about my appointments and I don't want my dad to over hear it. It's not that I'm acting immature about it but this pain isn't normal.

Commiseration October 11th 2009 02:31 AM

Re: I'm going to have to talk to my doctor about it but I can't

Greetings.
You should definitely go to the doctor for this. I understand that such things are awkward, but it is your health in question. I'm also currently working up the guts to go to the doctor for an issue of a similar embarrassing nature that I don't want my parents to know about either. Can you make your own appointment? Or if your mom has to make it try telling her it's for a different/less obvious reason? When it comes down to it, it's your health and you should go no matter how awkward it shall be. Try not to put it off too long and just go for it. Good luck and take care of yourself!

-Commiseration-

Whisperer October 11th 2009 02:39 AM

You are right that you should tell your doctor. If you are so worried your dad will overhear the conversation wait till he leaves the house for your mother to call. Or if he likes to stick around ask your mom if you can go "shopping" then just have her call sitting in the parking lot. You are doing the right thing by seeking medical attention so even if it is hard to get a doctor's appointment, you should really follow through with this.
Take care,
Alessa

Candy October 11th 2009 01:52 PM

I heard of this problem before. You should talk to ur doctor about it honestly. Go with a friend or someone u trust to give u confidence.
The girl who had this problem befor was told by her doctor to have sex evryday to help her litteraly 'open up'.
It could be differnt for you so go as soon as you can. Good Luck

Kate* October 11th 2009 04:53 PM

Hey Jennifer, I know you're embarassed about this. It doesn't make you immature, doctors are used to this kind of stuff and it will be much worse if you don't tell anyone. Would it be possible to make the appointment when your dad isn't home, or from a room where he's out of earshot?

Mittens The Cat October 11th 2009 06:38 PM

Well, it's you parents, thier not gonna make fun ov u soooooooo i suggest u go...