TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/)
-   -   Male Advice Preferred: Guys opinion of stretch marks? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/t93262-guys-opinion-stretch-marks/)

HealingAngel January 21st 2012 11:08 AM

Guys opinion of stretch marks?

So, I'm sixteen and have stretch marks all over my hips and inner thighs and a bit on my butt from hitting puberty.. and my boyfriend wants to take the next step which would involve the pants going downnn.

I'm incrediblyyyy self concious about the stretch marks though.

Guys... have you ever had a girlfriend with a lot of stretch marks? Did you think she was less attractive?

Do stretch marks make a girl seem any less desireable to you?

And Bonus Question: does anyone know of any way to hideee stretch marks?

kite8k2 January 21st 2012 11:14 AM

Re: Guys opinion of stretch marks?

The girl I am with has a few stretchmarks. She is 18 I myself am 24.
I find it more attractive honestly. I am different than most types of guys I think. I find imperfections to be attractive. She has a mole a rather large one on her knee that I find just so damn sexy and she finds it disgusting.

Its nothing to be worried about honestly. You will find that guys have imperfections too. Like myself I had to be circumsized twice so I have a hole through my foreskin that is rather apparent in oral. Its nothing to be worried about. I can almost say that he will not mention it at all to you.

r_elusiveanime January 21st 2012 11:19 AM

i've had before n i think it is not a big issue to worry about, you are not on a swimsuit casting in front of talent agent . . . me personally didn't find it's something considerable . . .:D

hide stretch mark maybe with cream or something like that, i have no idea:?

youbetheanchor January 21st 2012 12:28 PM

Stretch marks are no big deal at all -- I actually find them attractive as well.

Don't hide who you are<3 And if he's going down there I somehow doubt stretch marks will stop him.

blumemusik♫ January 21st 2012 12:54 PM

I'm sure he won't even notice! And if he does, if he's sensitive, he won't mention them!

As for how to hide them... Well makeup would HIDE them, but you may want to fade them, in which case cocoa butter works wonders, or just moisturiser!

veggirl21 January 21st 2012 12:58 PM

I was actually more self-conscious when we went swimming together than when we first started getting frisky. Although, it is usually at least a little dark when we're going at it, I'm fairly certain he's seen them and never said anything. Once you get into doing whatever you're doing, you (probably) won't even think about it.

And if he can't accept you with little imperfections that don't change who you are, he doesn't deserve you, imo.

Edit: Oops, I see that was male advice preferred... oh well, I'll leave it.

HealingAngel January 21st 2012 01:18 PM

I'm super worried though because I have very fair skin and so they are all veryyyy noticeable... :(

Acheron January 21st 2012 01:36 PM

Chances are, I've seen at least one girl who had stretch marks. The fact that I don't remember would suggest that I didn't care at all.

Miss Adventure January 21st 2012 02:31 PM

Look, I don't know of any girl who doesn't have stretch marks somewhere on her body. So there is really no need to worry if I guy doesn't like stretch marks or not because, chances are he's going to be with a girl with stretch marks no matter who he's with. Either way, it's really no big deal.

As for "hiding them" you could probably just go to the store and buy some special stretch mark lotion that will make them fade.

Loving Linux Penguin January 21st 2012 03:03 PM

Well, I personally prefer guys, but honestly if I was with a girl who had stretch marks, I doubt I'd really care. Stretch marks are normal--they happen to just about everybody (we guys get them too, ya know...usually if we sleep in an odd position or whatever). And even if they DIDN'T happen to just about everybody...who cares? It doesn't change my capacity to love people, and if he really loves you he's not gonna leave your or think less of you just because of some stretch marks. Physical attraction matters, but it doesn't matter anywhere near as much as love for who you ARE. So, my advice is not to worry about it so much, but if it still bothers you and you're really worried about what he'll think, sit down with him and be completely honest. And ya know, chances are he's been self-conscious about something before.

Smitten January 21st 2012 03:28 PM

I'm partial to no stretch marks on women, but it certainly isn't something I am going to be getting upset over. It's like picking an icecream flavor... if you don't get the one you want it's a little disappointing but it's not going to stop you from eating the flavor you got.

Just use alot of cocoa butter on em. helps shrink em.

Shawn K. January 21st 2012 06:28 PM

Haven't been "up close and personal" with any girl's stretchmarks yet, but I'm gonna assume that if we've gotten far enough along together for me to see them, it's not going to make much difference to me.

Harmony♥ January 21st 2012 06:32 PM

I've had stretch marks on my breasts, hips and thighs for as long as I can remember. I know I got them around puberty, and when I was your age, I'd lie to people and say they were cuts from a really bad accident I was in as a kid. After a while, I just said "Eff it" and told them. It couldn't hurt to tell the truth, and if he really liked me for me, he wouldn't care about the stretch marks I had acquired while going through puberty. Guess what? NONE of my boyfriends have said a thing about them. They've all been fine with it.

Now, stretch marks can never really GO away. They CAN fade however. Sun bathing works wonders for this in fading them out, but so do creams. In order for them to go away forever, you'd have to go through a very painful, VERY expensive laser surgery. I'd suggest you just let them fade by using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Massage Cream. This is what I used to prevent stretch marks, and to help the ones already there fade.

Pale January 21st 2012 08:03 PM

My girlfriend has them and they do not disgust me or anything. I'm not perfect and she isn't either. But I love her more than anything in this world.

Sincerely Yours ♥ January 21st 2012 09:07 PM

I don't think guys would care. I also have some stretch marks & my boyfriend couldn't care less.

Chris January 21st 2012 09:27 PM

I agree with some of the others - most guys wont care, and alot of guys wont even notice the stretch marks when they are in a sexual mood.

Coffee. January 21st 2012 09:47 PM

I have a lot of stretch marks, I developed very quickly in my breasts and hips, and my boyfriend doesn't care. He has a bit of stretch marks actually, he grew very fast as well (like, six inches in a year and a half or something crazy when he was like 11) so he has a bit himself, and I think they're cool because it shows his story, you know? They fade a lot over time. When I was 14, they seriously were like dark purple, noticeable that I wasn't comfortable wearing some low cut shirts. They've faded a lot just in time. I'd use cocoa butter, it smells amazing anyway, and just not worry about it. :)

~*Rach*~ January 22nd 2012 04:07 PM

Hey there. I totally agree with most of the other posts. I dont think many guys would mind, or even notice them.

As for 'hiding' them, I just wanted to pop in and explain a few things. I work in ahealth food store, and I see SO many women come in horrified, and wanting them to disappear as fast as possible. I myself, have ALOT of stretch marks, and like you, I am SUPER self conscious about them. After working in the store for years, I found that the best ways to make stretch marks fade, and turn silvery, and almost disapear, is to use almond, or apricot oil. Sounds weird, but I have tried all the creams etc, and these as the things I have found myself, from others and read about, that work the most. You can pick up the oils in most supermarkets over here, but if you cant get them in the supermarkets, try the chemists or health food stores. Good luck Kayla. Do try to remember that no matter what you your stretch marks make you feel, you are increadibly beautiful, and boys should, and one day will, love you for YOU. Stretch marks and all. My inbox is open if you want to pop me a PM or VM. Take care lovely :)

- Rach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

SamMarie January 22nd 2012 04:44 PM

I have really noticeable stretch marks around my hips. It's really hard to miss. If he likes you for you, he will look beyond those imprefections. If he takes that approach to dislike you or get turned off by stretch marks, then he's not the one for you. Either way, every guy is different. That's the safe side for me to say since I'm not a guy. Besides, if you're at the point where you're taking off the pants, he's probably more worried about other things. :p Good luck!

Lottie January 24th 2012 04:14 PM

I'm smothered in stretch marks. Breast, hips and stomach. I have one which looks more like a surgery scar :p I also have loads of surgery scars on my stomach which are all raised. None of my partners have cared about this. At the end of the day, if they had a problem with it then they're not worth bothering with.

ANBUxAssassin January 26th 2012 06:26 AM

stretch marks are a way of telling people your growing and stretch marks dont bother me because i my self have some from when a gained weight fast and now i have 2 burn scars I got my burns before thanksgiving at work when about 30 pumpkin pies fell on me and i left the pie filling on till i made sure the rack will not fall took me about 2min but i as you can see i dont care about that but my girlfriend she care she tell me i need to get some i need to use something cant think of what it is to get rid of my burn scars.

be for the worst January 29th 2012 01:58 PM

beauty is whatever gives us joy

Gerard January 29th 2012 07:28 PM

There is nothing wrong with stretch marks.It's normal and I don't think he will say anything,he shouldnt have a problem with them,after all every guy will probably be with a girl who has stretch marks at some stage! :)

NevermindMe January 29th 2012 09:20 PM

This one girl I know is always complaining about the stretch marks on her stomach. I've seen her stomach and honestly I still don't know what stretch marks look like.

I find they aren't noticable... at all...

- Justin

Kyeto-X January 30th 2012 03:08 AM

I will say it before, I will say it again...

IF ANYBODY SAYS THAT ANY PART OF YOUR BODY IS UNATTRACTIVE, THEY DO NOT DESERVE TO HAVE ANY OTHER PART OF YOUR BODY!!!!

Seriously, if a guy gets hung up over your stretch marks, then you need a new guy. If a guy gets hung up over your breast, you need a new guy. If a guy gets hung up over your eye color, you need a new guy.

A true man will love and adore ever single part of your body no matter how it differs from the Playboy centerfold of the month.

Anything less deserves a kick in the ass.

/rant

HealingAngel January 30th 2012 10:17 AM

I really must say that I loveddd that last comment. ^///^

Thanks a ton. :)