TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f17-drugs-alcohol-addiction/)
-   -   Triggering (Substances): Not super sure if there is even a place for this? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f17-drugs-alcohol-addiction/t155025-not-super-sure-if-there-even-place/)

Lunar February 22nd 2018 09:19 PM

Not super sure if there is even a place for this?

***I PUT SUBSTANCES AS THE TRIGGER BECAUSE IT'S THE FIRST THING I'M GOING TO BRING UP, BUT IT NEEDS TO BE NOTED THAT THERE ARE SOME HOMOPHOBIC TALK IN THIS POST. (NOT BY ME, BUT EXAMPLES FROM OTHERS.) PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK***

Alright. So I'm frustrated. I *was* a legal medical marijuana patient. I moved to a state where it wasn't legal at all due to family matters that needed to be addressed. Since, I've not been using. Instead I've been using CBD oil. Anyway, I've noticed in a lot of 'mom' groups around where I am that as soon as they hear the word 'marijuana' or anything related they instantly picture someone high off their gourd and unable to function or interact with people in a normal manner. Someone they see as dirty, uneducated, and pretty much trash. It's so infuriating.

I'll admit that I've not said anything to them about myself using before I moved. I'm afraid of what they would say, or afraid that they would judge my daughter and not allow her to be friends with their children, whom my daughter loves. I've also noticed that they aren't very LBGTQ friendly. I personally heterosexual myself, but I don't want my daughter around the filth that comes out of their mouths. When I mentioned I was homeschooling, some of them said they did to. When asked about why I decided to homeschool, I mentioned that I didn't like the curriculum that was taught, the safety concerns regarding bullying (physical and verbal) and the fact that I thought public schools were restrictive when it came to the fact that I want my daughter to take lead when it comes to what she wants to learn and when.

They only thing they said was, 'we dont' want our kids exposed to transgender children' WHATEVEN. My heart hurts at the fact that their children are growing up in such a home where they are going to learn hate for other humans. It's so frustrating. I'm not really sure I belong here. (the place I'm living) I'm starting to think we should just move away. (Granted, we wouldn't be able to right this second.) My hubands family is like this as well, and said something very similar. It's very hard to be involved with them, and to let them around my daughter when things like this are happening. I don't want to offend anyone, or make anyone upset, but they clearly don't care who they offend.

I've come to find that the specific area we live in is a very very racist place. Not everyone is like this, but even the town history is covered in it. There are lots of people who are stuck in their ways and refuse to have an open mind about anything. I feel so down after learning this.

It's just so sad and frustrating to have learned this.