TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Friends and Family (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/)
-   -   Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/t159908-does-my-friend-want-like-someone-who-doesn%92t-have-any-social-media-no/)

Justin_ March 5th 2020 11:49 PM

Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no?

always in between wanting to post a lot on social media and wanting to delete all socials and be like that person you went to school with that you think of randomly and hope they’re doing well.

Dawn. March 6th 2020 08:20 AM

Re: Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no?

Sometimes I wan to delete my social media too.

Justin_ March 6th 2020 09:26 AM

Re: Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omen. (Post 1350506)

So do you think she wants to delete all social media and be like that person who doesn’t have any social media or no?

DeletedAccount59 March 6th 2020 12:30 PM

There's nothing wrong with not having any social media accounts. It's hard to make that decision going from having social media to quitting them altogether. It's probably comparable to quitting a dangerous addiction, such as drinking or smoking. Just be supportive of her in whatever she decides to do.

Justin_ March 6th 2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serendipity. (Post 1350519)
There's nothing wrong with not having any social media accounts. It's hard to make that decision going from having social media to quitting them altogether. It's probably comparable to quitting a dangerous addiction, such as drinking or smoking. Just be supportive of her in whatever she decides to do.

I just thought it meant that she wants to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media

DeletedAccount59 March 6th 2020 03:12 PM

I'm not really sure what you mean. Do you mean a specific 'someone' or 'someone' in general? As I already said, there is nothing wrong with choosing to quit social media. It can be exhausting for various reasons.

Justin_ March 6th 2020 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serendipity. (Post 1350528)
I'm not really sure what you mean. Do you mean a specific 'someone' or 'someone' in general? As I already said, there is nothing wrong with choosing to quit social media. It can be exhausting for various reasons.

Someone in general

Clarent March 7th 2020 09:33 AM

I really don't think it has anything to do with who she wants to be with.

People get rid of their social media for a lot of reasons.

Dawn. March 9th 2020 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin_ (Post 1350516)
So do you think she wants to delete all social media and be like that person who doesn’t have any social media or no?

As the above members have said, there's nothing wrong with deleting your social media and there are a lot of reasons why people do it. For me, it's because I'm spending way too much time on it and I don't want people to know what I'm up too. The only reason why I have it is because of my photography.

Bestortcom September 25th 2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flight. (Post 1350506)

I also sometimes want to delete my social sets*)

Justin_ December 10th 2020 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bestortcom (Post 1356278)
I also sometimes want to delete my social sets*)

But what did she meant when she said and be like that person you went to school with that you think of randomly and hope they’re doing well?

DeletedAccount53 December 11th 2020 07:37 AM

Social media doesn't pay the bills. Giving it up is no hard thing.

DeletedAccount59 December 14th 2020 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin_ (Post 1359193)
But what did she meant when she said and be like that person you went to school with that you think of randomly and hope they’re doing well?

A lot of people make those sort of posts that might be in reference to someone; but it isn't obvious who, and it's never meant to be obvious. Don't think too much about it, seriously. You'll drive yourself crazy. If it's really bothering you that much, then say something to her but don't make it sound like you're expecting something. It's nearly the holidays, so perhaps something like "I hope you have a wonderful holiday!" should suffice... it's short and simple.

Just realized this thread was created in March, so not sure why it's still even a question. :nosweat:

Seriously, I would really focus on something else if this has been bothering you for three-quarters of a year.