TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Friends and Family (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/)
-   -   I don't know if she's my friend anymore (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/t160431-i-dont-know-if-shes-my-friend-anymore/)

Unregistered September 20th 2020 07:43 PM

I don't know if she's my friend anymore

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]hey, i really need some honest advice. i've been bestfriends with a girl for the past 3 years. we're really close and all but i feel like letting go. for context, i love bts and kpop and she hates it (prefers rap ). recently she posted an instagram story asking for song suggestions. i recommended a bts song with juice wrld that i thought she would like, i didnt mean any harm. but she responded to me saying that i have to stop sending her my type of music becsuse she doesnt like it and it bothers her. i felt quite hurt. i respect her musical opinion ofc, i'm not forcing her to listen to anything, i just wanted to give a suggestion. i confronted her about ir because her saying that it bothers her made me sad. i told her that i didnt mean to "bother" her and that i've always supported her likes and always tried to know about them for the sake of being friends. she does the opposite, she mocks the stuff that i like and i don't feel confortable talking about my inerests with her. there's also more stuff that she has said/done that i didnt like but i kept quiet about it to support her. she left me on read for 3 days and told me that she wants to talk about it tomorrow at school. i don't know if we should continue being friends or if i'm just overreacting :( i could really use some opinions from another point of view, i would literally marry anyone who helps me out <33[/size][/color][/font]

DeletedAccount71 September 21st 2020 12:52 AM

Re: I don't know if she's my friend anymore

Someone who mocks you for your interests is not a friend. Yeah, sometimes friends tease each other, I'll give you that, but this sounds like she is downright putting you down. This is wrong. You should not feel uncomfortable talking about your interests. Healthy relationships flow naturally, where both people contribute and both people get something out of it. It sounds like this friendship is very one-sided. You can try and talk to her about your feelings if you want, but honestly if it were me I'd let her go, and find friends who do care about you and the things you are passionate about. I promise if you find friends who really care you'll notice it feels a lot better emotionally than trying to hang on to someone who doesn't really care about you.

Dawn. September 22nd 2020 02:21 AM

Hello there,

If you don't feel comfortable talking about your interests, it seems like she isn't a good friend. The best thing to do is to talk to her about how you feel and if she doesn't seem to understand or care about what you are saying, there are other people out there that share the same interest as you and would love to be talking to you about what you are passionate about. If you ever need to talk, please let me know.

Allyson Wood September 23rd 2020 06:32 AM

Best friends never have the same nature, they just have best understanding of their differences.