TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/)
-   -   Do any of you take a friend to the doctor's for support? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/t52535-do-any-you-take-friend-doctors-support/)

Loving Linux Penguin August 17th 2010 05:12 AM

Do any of you take a friend to the doctor's for support?

Hey guys. So...suffice it to say (as some of you know), I'm terrified of needles. I know that I should get my shots taken care of at some point, and I'm 95% sure that I'll chicken out if I try to do it alone, so I'm planning on bringing a friend (and doing my physical at the same time, so he'll be there for that too). Just kinda curious if any of you do this too.

KiwiGal August 17th 2010 05:41 AM

Re: Do any of you take a friend to the doctor's for support?

yeah, ive had my mates come to the doctors with me. i had them come with me one of the last times i got a blood test, im to much of a woss to go by myself

Daydreamer August 17th 2010 02:51 PM

I've never had a friend go with me, but when I got my shots or gave blood when I was younger my mom always held my hand and talked to me the whole time.

shimmeringfaerie August 18th 2010 06:48 AM

I take my boyfriend with me. Though, last time I had a blood test, he just sat in the corner and read his book and I didn't want to say "come over here and hold my hand, you jerk!". But just knowing that he was there was what really mattered :).

Pelios August 18th 2010 07:13 AM

Some friends have taken me with them when they go, it is good to have someone there with you that can make you laugh or just give you moral support.

*Rainbow*Rider* August 18th 2010 08:53 PM

Yeah me and my friend used to go and see the nurse at the same time haha and look after each other, then we started waiting outside for each other. It defiantly helps.

OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! August 20th 2010 03:59 AM

I've never taken a friend to the doctor's for support. The most I've done is taken a friend to the pharmacy when I had to pick up some stuff on the way home to my place because we had to buy some pop, candies and other stuff in the first place.

A Lady August 20th 2010 11:45 PM

I always have my mum or dad with me, I don't like to go to the doctor alone.

katara317 August 21st 2010 02:33 AM

I never go to my doctor alone! ive had issues in the past so i cant go near a hospital and i always pull my mom in with me.

amystery August 21st 2010 04:34 AM

I've never done it but that's just because I always make my Mom come with me haha. I absolutely HATE going to the doctor. I don't even know why but I just hate it. (Trust me if ya know me you know I won't go to the doctor unless Im like dying :P..In all seriousness though I usually end up at the hospital before I'll go to a doctor) But ya...lots of people take someone with them. =)

Loving Linux Penguin August 21st 2010 04:42 AM

Cool. Guess I'm not alone :)

Ellie August 21st 2010 11:26 AM

Yuuuss. I don't think I would have actually go through a surgery door if I didn't have someone with me. xD

Power Cosmic August 24th 2010 02:33 AM

I prefer to be alone when going myself, just so I can ask stupid questions and not get laughed at (by someone who doesn't have a doctorate).

But I've went with friends before, even though I've got a phobia of blood being artificially extracted -_-;;