TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Food and Recipes (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f184-food-recipes/)
-   -   Favourite restaurant? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f184-food-recipes/t159909-favourite-restaurant/)

Dawn. March 6th 2020 08:21 AM

Favourite restaurant?

What is your favourite restaurant? :D

DeletedAccount59 March 6th 2020 12:29 PM

Re: Favourite restaurant?

I would say Ninety-Nine's.

DeletedAccount69 March 7th 2020 04:20 AM

I don't have a favorite restaurant but I love Thai food

Ennui. March 7th 2020 05:20 AM

It's a tossup between two diners, one in the town my school is in and one in the town next to my hometown.

hocus pocus March 7th 2020 02:25 PM

I never really went to sit-down ones much as a kid because of the family dynamic but I do like certain fast food places - there's one I love which we don't have around here. :glare: I'm a big Chick-fil-a person too.

Arabesque- golfing girl. March 8th 2020 02:56 PM

I don't have a favorite restaurant, I do have a favorite coffee shop and that is Starbucks. :) I'm always going with my friends and getting dark roast coffee with milk and they have the best Pumpkin Spice Latte:)

Celyn March 8th 2020 05:11 PM

Hmm, I don't have a favourite restaurant either. I love chicken so chances are I will like any place that serves that :p

Fast food is cool too though. McDonalds and Burger King :)

Yggri June 20th 2020 04:19 PM

i adore Ninety-Nine's

Dawn. June 21st 2020 04:59 AM

I don't have a favourite restaurant either lol.

DeletedAccount53 February 18th 2021 08:54 PM

I love a French bistro; there are lots all across France, mostly found on corners in any village, open from breakfast time serving croissants and hot black coffee from a cafetičre ŕ piston, or French Press.

Lunchtime means the option of having 'Plat du jour', which is always an addition, made on the day as a special meal in addition to the set-priced menu. Plat du jour could be served in an earthenware marmite, perhaps snails in a garlicy-cream sauce, or a homemade pâté, depending on the region, or if you are either a favoured customer or very lucky, delicious beef bourguignon. Homemade pâté is sometimes offered at no extra cost, a sign of goodwill. Pâté is usually coarse with sliced Chanterelle mushrooms mixed in. Bistros all the way for me. They sure beat the pretentious and very expensive restaurants around Monaco!

A French bistro always serves homemade grub, the room usually having a homely log fire lit to keep the chill away and local red wine poured into a 1 lire carafes from a large barrel and sold very cheaply. Local wine is always red and tastes wonderful. But never ask for pizza lest the proprietor shows you the door. Pizza is for tourists. That said, homemade pizza is simply great.

Bistros are convivial places to eat, drink and be merry, but at ridiculously low cost. If one is lucky, a musician plays their guitar or an accordion while people eat. Beware when planning to eat on a Sunday though, because lunch starts bang on midday and finishes at 2PM so be sure to get there early.

Dawn. February 20th 2021 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pork Chops (Post 1362851)
I love a French bistro; there are lots all across France, mostly found on corners in any village, open from breakfast time serving croissants and hot black coffee from a cafetičre ŕ piston, or French Press.

Lunchtime means the option of having 'Plat du jour', which is always an addition, made on the day as a special meal in addition to the set-priced menu. Plat du jour could be served in an earthenware marmite, perhaps snails in a garlicy-cream sauce, or a homemade pâté, depending on the region, or if you are either a favoured customer or very lucky, delicious beef bourguignon. Homemade pâté is sometimes offered at no extra cost, a sign of goodwill. Pâté is usually coarse with sliced Chanterelle mushrooms mixed in. Bistros all the way for me. They sure beat the pretentious and very expensive restaurants around Monaco!

A French bistro always serves homemade grub, the room usually having a homely log fire lit to keep the chill away and local red wine poured into a 1 lire carafes from a large barrel and sold very cheaply. Local wine is always red and tastes wonderful. But never ask for pizza lest the proprietor shows you the door. Pizza is for tourists. That said, homemade pizza is simply great.

Bistros are convivial places to eat, drink and be merry, but at ridiculously low cost. If one is lucky, a musician plays their guitar or an accordion while people eat. Beware when planning to eat on a Sunday though, because lunch starts bang on midday and finishes at 2PM so be sure to get there early.

Sounds really nice! :)

Silvan February 20th 2021 10:05 AM

I used to go to restaurants often before covid. Now all are closed and I don't even remember the ones I used to like lol. But there's a certain place in the centre of my city that's hidden behind buildings. It's a collection of many many small restos and pubs and they've got gardens to sit outside on a warm day. It's like a maze honestly and it's got a totally unique atmosphere.

Rika April 6th 2022 05:15 PM

A local diner here for breakfast, actually two me and my dad enjoy. I feel breakfast is where they hit different at IMO. I've went to both for lunch, but it just wasn't my favorite.

Dawn. April 7th 2022 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rika (Post 1377916)
A local diner here for breakfast, actually two me and my dad enjoy. I feel breakfast is where they hit different at IMO. I've went to both for lunch, but it just wasn't my favorite.

I must admit, breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. :hehe:

Astro04 April 8th 2022 07:43 AM

I don't know what's the name, but if there's some fish, I will like it.