TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Food and Recipes (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f184-food-recipes/)
-   -   Milk preferences (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f184-food-recipes/t161752-milk-preferences/)

Rivière June 11th 2021 11:25 PM

Milk preferences

Normally when I have tea, coffee, cereal etc.. I have cows milk (semi-skimmed). Sometimes I drink oat or coconut milk on its own. Maybe almond milk if I'm in the mood for it. I also like chocolate rice milk which tastes great.

However... I've currently ran out of cows milk and wanted something to drink that wasn't cold. I put some oat milk into my mug of Ovaltine and it actually made it tastes surprisingly ok. In the past I've tried putting soya milk in my tea/coffee or even in cereal and it was horrible. I've also tried putting coconut milk in different cereals and it was a no-go no matter the cereal type.

It made me wonder, do you have a type of milk you prefer? Do you stick to one type for everything? Or do you use specific types of milk based on what you're having?

Dawn. June 12th 2021 03:06 AM

Re: Milk preferences

I do tend to drink lactose free lite milk for obvious reasons but I do also like to drink lite soy milk as well. :)

Arabesque- golfing girl. June 12th 2021 10:19 AM

My parents, sister's and I all drink organic whole milk. We like the taste of this and it makes you're coffee creamy. I have had 2%, skim and almond milk when I've been at my friends houses, I don't like them. I will always like organic whole milk. :)

Silvan June 12th 2021 11:34 AM

I usually drink coffee with a bit of standard milk because I like its taste best. I can also eat ice-cream, yoghurts and other dairy products in moderate amounts. I rarely eat milk with cereal, but when I do, I usually use rice or almond milk. Same for hot cocoa.

Everglow. June 12th 2021 12:12 PM

I'm lactose intolerant and try to stay away from milk from animals but I totally agree that soya milk just doesnt taste good in hot drinks. Almond milk is okay but I liked the flavour of hazelnut milk in coffee as it made it sweeter and nuttier. I've just taken to drinking my tea black now because cows milk is better than any non dairy alternative that I've tried.

Ennui. June 12th 2021 10:31 PM

I like whole milk but with coffee or cocoa I use creamer.

Kate* June 13th 2021 12:22 AM

I almost never have milk anymore. I threw up after drinking it once (completely unrelated), and haven't liked it since. Very rarely, we'll get cereal and have 1 or 2% milk for it. We get soy or almond milk as a treat sometimes and I'll drink that straight. I might've tried it on cereal, but I don't remember.

DeletedAccount71 June 14th 2021 09:34 PM

My go-to is 2%, but honestly I will drink anything from whole to skim. I've tried soy milk and almond milk and didn't really like either, but I did try oat milk for the first time at a restaurant the other week and it was surprisingly good. I wouldn't seek it out, though; I'll stick to cow's milk.

Stacey June 14th 2021 10:41 PM

I don't really have much milk or dairy and I haven't since I was young but in my coffee and baking I typically used almond or oat.

Storyteller. June 27th 2021 11:38 PM

I use low fat milk for most things, since it's easier to use one type for everything and I don't end up using full bottles if I have multiple types open at the same time. However, sometimes I go through phases of using other milk. I like using oat or soy milk in smoothies and tea, and almond or rice milk can be okay in cereal depending on the type. I've tried coconut milk as well, but I haven't really found anything it goes well with. :nosweat:

MsNobleEleanor July 11th 2021 09:33 PM

I rarely buy milk and when I do it's 0.01%.

I use half and half creamer with coffee. I drink rice milk with cereals.

DeletedAccount81 July 14th 2021 05:44 PM

I did not even know there was that many type of milks!

I am lactose intolerant so I use a special brand of milk. I can't drink soy milk or I have a severe reaction. I do like almond milk in coffee.

Silvan July 16th 2021 07:14 PM

Sarah asked such a seemingly simple question, but it turns out all of us have so many different preferences concerning milk :p it's fun to read how everybody likes their milk :p

Ennui. July 23rd 2021 08:28 PM

If it's low percentage milk or soy it just tastes like water trying to be milk :nosweat:

MsNobleEleanor July 23rd 2021 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheek! (Post 1369259)
If it's low percentage milk or soy it just tastes like water trying to be milk :nosweat:

Well, 0.01% milk is actually refreshing. It's very water-like in texture and not thick like regular milk is because all the fat content is out of it. :nosweat: I wouldn't put it in coffee or tea.