TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Birthdays! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f37-birthdays/)
-   -   My birthday (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f37-birthdays/t132361-my-birthday/)

Lindsey98 August 25th 2014 02:54 AM

My birthday

Tomorrow is my birthday which was the worst day of my life last year. My best friends sister died on my birthday. I don't know what to do since it's the one year anniversary of her sisters death and she has pulled herself away from most people including me. Also one of my close friends died three weeks before that I'd known him since we were six he drowned. I'm just a mess with emotions that I don't like or want to share with my parents or a counsler. I don't know what to do with my worry or grief. I'm also worried about people making a big deal out of my birthday because I don't want them to.

xxpaigiexx August 25th 2014 12:09 PM

Re: My birthday

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear such sad news. I would try to reach out to your friend and just let her know that you're there for her any time that she needs someone to speak to. Losing a friend or sibling is probably one of the most hardest things you can experience, maybe your friend isn't aware that there are people who are willing to talk and help when she needs them. You can only reach out and try to let her know you're ther, unfortunately we all deal with grief in different ways and some people deal with things by shutting out the people around them. There's no correct way to grieve and some people like to have their own space whilst they do so.
Sometimes it helps to speak to other people and to grieve together, obviously you're upset about your friend's sister's death too, so you could support each other at this sad time.

I'm sorry also about you friend passing away. I think it's a good idea to speak with your counsellor about this, you will probably find that speaking about things helps, especially with someone outside of your life and everything, usually people who are on the sidelines can see things from a different perspective to people who are more involved. Speaking helps, and a problem shared is a problem halved.

If you don't feel like doing much for your birthday just explain that with everything that is happening you don't feel up to doing much. People should respect your wishes. Maybe just do something small with close family or friends.

I'm here if you ever want to speak about anything.
Paige

Eternal Dreamer ♥ August 25th 2014 09:55 PM

Re: My birthday

I'm sorry things are going so rough for you right now.
Honestly, nothing is going to get any better if you don't let it, or if you don't talk about it. You need to tell your parents how you are feeling, and if you don't want them to make a big deal about your birthday, tell them.

I am sure they will understand, and if you just let it go, and not tell anyone that you don't want anything big for your birthday then they aren't going to know.

I know losing someone you know is hard, I just lost my bestfriend in the world two days ago, and its not easy, but it will start to get easier, not tomorrow, not the next day, but it will.

Talk to someone, it will help. specially sense you don't know how to handle your worry and grief.