TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Death, Grieving and Coping With Loss (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f19-death-grieving-coping-loss/)
-   -   Grieving for someone i dont know (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f19-death-grieving-coping-loss/t93229-grieving-someone-i-dont-know/)

JollyRancher. January 21st 2012 12:20 AM

Grieving for someone i dont know

Two weeks ago, Cupcake ( my best friend) saw her friend get hit by a train. She told me about it, but i knew because i saw it happen in a dream. I dont know the person who died but i cried for hours none stop. I felt like i lost someone that ive known for years and loved. Yet i dont know the person

ilovecountrymusic January 21st 2012 01:22 AM

Re: Grieving for someone i dont know

Just the thought that some1 has passed on in such a way can be hard to hear. No matter if you knew them personally or not, just realizing that a life was cut short in such a horrific way is sad. So I can totally understand how you feel.

Chris January 21st 2012 03:24 AM

Sometimes its normal to do that. I think that you were on the verge of eventually breaking down - and this little trigger incident just pushed you over board. I think the main thing that was needed is for you to let out all those tears - and let out your emotions.

The grieving will eventually pass - but I'll keep you and your friends in my thoughts.

Best wishes,
Chris

theinfatuatedpanda January 21st 2012 10:08 AM

Someone's death can be really sad and horrifying, even if you didn't know them. It can be absolutely terrible to learn that someone is no more in this world. So I think the grieving will pass, as Chris mentioned above. Stay strong. xx

Ennui. January 22nd 2012 06:55 PM

I totally get how you feel, since I'm on the verge of tears right now for someone else. It's okay to grieve for someone, even if you don't know them, since, like what was said before, hearing the news that someone has passed away can be so sad. I agree that it will probably pass, but it's still okay to keep the person in your heart. It could also be partly because Cupcake is one of your best friends so you're feeling what she's going through as well. Either way, stay strong.
Love you. <3

Arcenciel January 23rd 2012 04:20 AM

Wow, you sound like a very empathetic person! That's a great quality if you aren't becoming overwhelmed constantly by your empathy.

You are experiencing a normal reaction for somebody who has heard of such an experience. I feel upset myself when I hear of kids dying or going through something really tough.

Have you tried talking to cupcake about how you're feeling? That might be a way for both of you to share and process your feelings. You may also want to consider talking to a trusted adult like a teacher or parent.

Your feelings are normal :) Embrace them and experience them, and they should eventually go away.

Jen.