TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   Non-PG13 (Strong Language): I hate my school (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t125253-i-hate-my-school/)

Music4lyfe November 1st 2013 10:12 AM

I hate my school

PEOPLE NEED TO GET A LIFE. I'm so fucking pissed off, I'm screaming along to Motionless in White songs at the top of my lungs and getting a headache. Music is my only healthy outlet, it's the only thing that keeps me from harming myself and others. But ANOTHER rumour has spread about me! I'M FUCKING SICK OF IT!!!!!! People approaching me 'Hey Alana, did you masturbate with a pen?!' 'Hey Alana, did you cheat on Tim?' 'Hey Alana, did you kiss Jakeb?' 'Hey Alana, did you kiss Angus?' 'Hey Alana, I heard that you -' BLAH BLAH FUCKING BLAH. Now the talk of the school is 'Apparently you had sex with Angus' NO. NO. NO. JUST, FUCKING NOOO! I DID NOT! NO! JUST NO! 1. I'M A VIRGIN, AND 2. NO OFFENCE TO THE GUY BUT HE IS ONE OF THE MOST UNATTRACTIVE PEOPLE I KNOW :glare: His personality pisses me off too. Why the FUCK can't people mind their own business?! And people are too stubborn to believe me. I'm not going to politely deny this one T_T I'm going to give people HELL over it if they mention it!!

stateofserenity November 5th 2013 02:03 PM

Re: I hate my school

Sorry to hear you're going through this. I've been a victim of rumors too, and it sure is hell. Maybe you could try ignoring it? It seems that they just want to get a reaction from you. :(

Ral. November 6th 2013 03:57 PM

Hey Alana,

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling through school, it's good that you're finding a healthy way to get everything out of your system though.

My suggestion to you would be to talk to a school counsellor or if you can't, try talking to one of your teachers about it. I know that this may be difficult and/or embarrassing, and it's definitely not an easy thing to do, but I think it's the best idea given your current situation.

If you decide that you don't want to do this, I think the best thing to do is to just ignore these people, they're clearly just doing it to try and get a reaction, so if you don't react to it then you're killing their source of pleasure. Try bringing in some headphones and listening to music rather than listening to the people who are bringing you down.

I hope I've helped, stay strong and be safe.

~Jack.

CrusadingAvenger November 9th 2013 05:58 AM

I agree with Katie and Jack. This pretty much sounds like people are wanting to put you down and see how far you will go down in terms of how you react to the things that they say. One thing to keep in mind for future situations (if anything like this happens again): if negative rumors are spreading around about you, DON'T respond back to it in any way, whether it'd be to deny the rumors, or simply to defend yourself by saying something back. Anything you say will only fuel the flames more and give people all the more reason to wanting to talk smack about you more. Since apparently it sounds like these rumors about you aren't stopping, talk to a school counselor, a social worker at school or in your community, or someone that you trust like a close friend or a teacher that you get along with. It's not good to keep something like this locked up inside without telling anyone because if you don't tell someone about this, it's likely that you'll be prone to destructive behavior.

Don't give in to these people, especially with anger. Fighting fire with fire is not the solution to this situation. You're only going to be creating more tension upon yourself, and other people in your school will even be more encouraged to be critical about you. That will just make things not only a lot harder, but a lot worser too. Don't let your anger get the best of you. Believe me, I understand how hard it is to have to back down when you know the situation only gets worser, but striking back at those people in the way that they've been striking at you is not the answer to end all of this. There are better ways to handle a situation like this.

Master your emotions before it masters you. When you're emotionally charged, whether it'd be negative or positive, don't make decisions based on how you feel emotionally. You have to be smart, assess and analyze the situation, and find your way out of it. There's always a way out. Always, but not through lashing back at the people that are verbally abusing you even though what they're doing is wrong.

It is my hope that my advice has made somewhat sense to you, and I hope for your sake that you will make the right decision. I know that you are very capable of doing so. Well, I wish you all the best, and may your situation get resolved and turn out for the better.

random.swirls November 9th 2013 09:18 PM

Hey Alana ,

Sorry to hear that people at your school are spreading rumours about you. If they say more rumours about you just try to ignore it - I know it's easier said than done. Is there anyone who you could talk to about this. You,don't deserve to be put down. You deserve to have a nice time at school.
If you ever want a chat feel free to PM/VM me.

Love from Meera xx
:hug:

Eternal Dreamer ♥ November 18th 2013 06:57 PM

I'm sorry you are having a hard time with all this right now.
High school is full of rumours and drama, and most people start it because they assume things. Have you tired just ignoring all of them? If people bring them up, give them hell. Tell them no you didn't, or whatever is the case, tell them they can believe you or not, but it's not your problem.

I'm kind of glad I'm out of high school, but if you let them control you, and let them know that it upsets you, they will never stop. People normally do it to get rises out of people, to make themselves feel bigger.
Ignore them, if it's not true then tell them so, stand up for yourself. If they do not believe you it's there problem, not yours.

Keep you head up Hun, you will get through this!

Julie Carter November 19th 2013 02:52 PM

Dear Alana,
Can't believe that it's true. Well, the best thing to do is to ignore the rumors. You should know that people spread rumors because they are jealous (in love); they don't like you (enemies) or they just want to have fun. And if you ignore them, whatever reason why do they spread rumors, you will get through successfully. Explanations:
- If they are jealous: They see that you have no feeling with sb (call him A) -> you don't love A -> they're not jealous anymore!
- If they are your enemies: They see that you're not affected -> don't do that to you anymore (do sth else?)
- If they want to have fun: They want you to be angry, to be sad but if you're not, they're unsuccessful -> they'll stop it.
Hope I help!