TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   Nude Photos and Cruel Messages - Teen Digital Dating Abuse Grows (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t58215-nude-photos-cruel-messages-teen-digital-dating-abuse-grows/)

CanadaCraig October 26th 2010 08:56 PM

Nude Photos and Cruel Messages - Teen Digital Dating Abuse Grows

Hi Everyone!! :)

I hope you're having a safe and sound day!!

""Her emotional pain was caused by her high school boyfriend, who blitzed her with cruel comments via instant messages, e-mails and MySpace, calling her ugly and accusing her of cheating.

Then, he dumped her. A month later, he changed his mind.

She said he gave her an offer: [IF SHE WOULD] text him a naked picture of herself, he would get back together with her.

[CRAIG SAYS: NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! SAY 'YES' to an offer like THAT!!]

Pereira, now 21, regrets sending her boyfriend the topless picture that was subsequently forwarded to other students in her high school. She never expected the image would be spread like wildfire.""

------------------------

Click on THIS to read the rest of the article.

------------------------

[DO see the horrible MISTAKE SHE made?!]

Our desparate need for intimacy - is causing us to agree to DO things that we should NEVER DO. No one should EVER agree to 'bargain away their love'. [Do THIS for ME and THEN I will love you!!]

And PLEASE - do NOT send anyone a photo your breasts, your bum, your penis or any other private part of your body. [Not matter who much you 'trust them']

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!! :hug:

Obliviate October 27th 2010 10:16 AM

Re: Nude Photos and Cruel Messages - Teen Digital Dating Abuse Grows

agreed. I've known girls in my school who are aged as young as 11/12 sending nude photos to boys. They get slated for it and called numerous names.

Just try and learn from other peoples mistakes. They make them so you don't have to :)
<3

Doodle. October 27th 2010 01:27 PM

I just think it's common sense not to more than anything :/

missjenn3317 October 28th 2010 06:54 AM

That's over generalizing 2 say "its commen sense not to more than anything" because not every girl gets herself in2 this situtation the same way. When I was 16 an older guy got me very very drunk and we atarted messing around (I hardly remember this) then I guess I somehow woke up on his bed naked and apparently he had taken photos on his webcam of me and 1 year later after we had our falling out he posted these pictures on myspace and sent them 2 all of my friends. 2 make matters worse the police said that legally they can do nothing about it because I "consented" even tho I don't remember the pics evn bein taken! Its not wise @ all 2 send nudes of yourself because guys will turn on u in a heartbeat if u don't go along with their agenda and you can never tell who would do something so malisicous to you. Also, refrain from getting yourself in2 situtations like I did because u never know who has a camera on their fone and wants 2 take a pic

Ancora Imparo October 28th 2010 08:15 AM

When I was at secondary school I knew some people and had heard stories about some people who had sent pictures which had then been sent on and showed around to people and this was both males and females. I'm not really sure how people could go and show other people pictures they had been sent by somebody, if it was me, even if I was bitter about something, I don't think I could do it because I'd feel terrible for hurting somebody elses feelings no matter what I thought of them or what my feelings were towards them. As for the people in the article, I do think it's common sense not to do it, especially if somebody is saying that they will get back together with you if you send them a naked picture. You should be getting back together because you like them and because you want to rather than a kinky picture. :)

Saphire October 28th 2010 08:00 PM

I definately agree that people shouldn't send pictures as a way to get someone back - that's ridiculous as he obviously wouldn't be with her for love.

However this..
Quote:

And PLEASE - do NOT send anyone a photo your breasts, your bum, your penis or any other private part of your body. [Not matter who much you 'trust them']

I don't necessarily agree with. Isn't part of trust being able to share everything with a person? So if you were with someone and you were in love, and both trusted eachother, then why not send some pictures? I think it could add a bit of spice to a relationship etc.

I know friends that have sent photos to their boyfriends, and even now those boyfriends are ex-boyfriends the pictures haven't been sent around or anything. I really do just think it depends on the amount of trust that's there.

CanadaCraig October 28th 2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saphire (Post 508105)
I know friends that have sent photos to their boyfriends, and even now those boyfriends are ex-boyfriends the pictures haven't been sent around or anything. I really do just think it depends on the amount of trust that's there.

Hi Saphire!! :)

I hope you're having a dandy day.

I appreciate what you're saying. And you're probably right - in most cases.

But what IF some day you wish to become the mayor of your town or city or whatever. OR maybe the principal of the local high school. How would you feel knowing that naughty photos of you are floating 'out there' somewhere? Photos that could be - and would be - used against you. You might argue that it wouldn't matter to YOU who might get to see those photos - but believe me - this world of ours is still surprisingly immature when it comes to anything 'naked'. It's just safer not to give anyone anything that 'they' could use against you.

That's what I think!!

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!! :)

Saphire October 28th 2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaCraig (Post 508117)
But what IF some day you wish to become the mayor of your town or city or whatever. OR maybe the principal of the local high school. How would you feel knowing that naughty photos of you are floating 'out there' somewhere?

In this case I would definately agree with you. But if you know that you don't want to pursue these careers in later life then this shouldn't be an issue.