TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Lifestyle and Hobbies (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f219-lifestyle-hobbies/)
-   -   Stationery (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f219-lifestyle-hobbies/t162003-stationery/)

Silvan August 17th 2021 02:28 PM

Stationery

Autumn is always the best time to buy stationery, as pupils are preparing for the upcoming schoolyear and shops offer notebooks in almost every pattern you could imagine! I really enjoy buying myself new stationery, especially journals with beautiful covers. I find it soothing to look at them. How about you?

Everglow. August 17th 2021 02:59 PM

Re: Stationery

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this! D:

I love buying stationary, especially when I don't need it. I have a tonne of notebooks I've never written in just because they were pretty to look at. One time, my friend bought be a huge box full of over 100 pens for my birthday because she knew that stationary was the way to my heart. :hehe:

Ennui. August 17th 2021 04:55 PM

I didn't buy any journals or anything but my niece has taken a liking to art so I finished her Christmas presents early and also bought myself some crayons and colored pencils for my coloring books. I have a lot of sticky notes and notebooks and such from my job so I didn't need anything for that right now.

DeletedAccount81 August 19th 2021 04:50 PM

I love stationery! August really IS the best time (in the Northern Hemisphere, at least) to go out and buy stationery because there's so many on the shelves for students that are about to return to school. I love stationery with circles or stripes.

For example — well, this is a notebook that I picked up at an airport back in 2007 — I have a book that has a cocoa-chocolate backdrop, with lime green and not-quite hot-pink circles of varying sizes (think early 1990s) and while all the pages are pretty much used up, I still keep it because I love the design of the front/back cover.

I also have a small journaling notebook — two, actually — that I picked up at a local pharmacy about six or seven years ago. One has stripes in varying colors that repeat and the other has a aqua-shade backdrop with white polka-dots. I enjoy these because they're small enough to scribble in and you won't be wasting too much paper.

If I try to think any further than the design of the front/back cover or the size, then it gets too hectic and chaotic in my mind due to it having to be perfect and that thought of "oh, I can never touch it because whatever I do will be imperfect!" D: :nosweat:

Silvan August 21st 2021 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stardust. (Post 1370404)

For example — well, this is a notebook that I picked up at an airport back in 2007 — I have a book that has a cocoa-chocolate backdrop, with lime green and not-quite hot-pink circles of varying sizes (think early 1990s) and while all the pages are pretty much used up, I still keep it because I love the design of the front/back cover.

Nice :hehe::hehe: I've recently bought a bee-themed pocket calendar. It has lovely drawings of bees all over - it's going to remind me how much I love bees and honey!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stardust. (Post 1370404)
If I try to think any further than the design of the front/back cover or the size, then it gets too hectic and chaotic in my mind due to it having to be perfect and that thought of "oh, I can never touch it because whatever I do will be imperfect!"

Same... I've been keeping a diary for almost ten years and when I was starting my first or second one, I would always be angry with myself for drawing or writing something unaesthetic inside. Fortunately I've completed so many diaries since then that I don't pay attention to that anymore. Whatever I create in a notebook, it's beautiful. :D