TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   Starting College (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t132014-starting-college/)

Sjsh304 August 10th 2014 07:28 PM

Starting College

Is anyone else starting college this term?
I am a biomedical major and will be taking 15 credit hours. I also will be starting a job at Disney in September. I am so excited yet so nervous!

Astrophile. August 10th 2014 07:59 PM

Re: Starting College

I am starting college all over again this term. I'm not brave enough to take 15 credit hours, as I'm only taking 12, but I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck with starting college and with your new job! It sounds exciting! :)

Ennui. August 11th 2014 07:01 PM

I'm starting college this semester too! I am a Public Health major, also taking fifteen credits! I don't have a job, but I will be joining clubs.

Philomath August 13th 2014 10:11 PM

I hope all goes well for you. :)
The first semester can be tough (fifteen credits is a lot for some people). I took sixteen both my first and second semester and then finally last year, I tried fifteen (which didn't work for me) and before that I had fourteen (which then was reasonable).
And now, I'm starting school again in my third year. I will be taking twelve credits. It is the lowest number of credits I can take and I hope I can do well.
The job at Disney sounds interesting. :) What will you be doing there?
If you ever would like college advice/tips about things, I will be glad to help where I can. You can send me a VM or PM.
Take care.

Katrina August 14th 2014 02:30 AM

I am old, so I graduated college over a year ago, but since we're discussing credits, I went ahead and took 18 credits each semester, did dance team, taught dance classes, and was involved in a couple of student organizations (I function at a higher level when I am busier), and I think what you're doing sounds very reasonable.

The reason I felt inclined to click into your thread is because I just wanted to repeat what I am sure many others have told you as you have graduated high school, but HAVE FUN. Seriously. College is LITERALLY a dream world that I think too many people don't appreciate until they've graduated. There is NO other time during your life that you will go to school for a few hours, maybe work a few hours, and have the rest of the time to form incredible relationships with this whole new group of people you're surrounded by. Get to know your professors; they matter and will bend over backwards for you if you form relationships with them (just as you would for them once you're to this point). Seek out involvement on campus; you feel so incredibly connected to your colleagues and classmates when you do. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Seriously. Have an incredible time. Make the most of it. The 4 years pass much more quickly than you think they will. I'm jealous! :D Go get 'em.