TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   Triggering: College fail (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t135534-college-fail/)

manatee January 8th 2015 05:02 AM

College fail

I wasn’t aware that I was responsible for sending my transcripts to schools I’m applying to on the Common App. I missed two deadlines because of this. One of them was for my top choice school. I wasted over $100 applying to schools that won’t think about accepting me because I didn’t send my transcripts on time. I want to punish myself every day for this until I finally decide to give in. Is there hope at all in this situation? I have to stop failing.

Eternal January 8th 2015 06:08 AM

Re: College fail

Have you tried calling the admissions office to the schools you didn't send transcripts to and explain the situation? If you got your application in on time, they might let you send in transcripts and still consider you. People who work in admissions offices want you to go to college, so it's definitely worth giving them a call.

luckiicloverxx January 8th 2015 10:07 AM

Yeah, I agree. Call the admissions offices asap and explain that you didn't know!

anonymouswhale January 8th 2015 01:46 PM

Call the admissions department and tell them that you're concerned that your transcript was never sent in. Tell them you will go to your counselor (or whoever handles them at school) today and get it sent out.

Sometimes, it's better to kind of shade the truth. I realize that a lot of people are going to tell you to be completely open and honest about you forgetting, but from a college admissions standpoint, it's better to tell them that you don't think it was sent out, rather than flat-out saying that you forgot. It makes you seem that you had timely and good intentions without lying, you see?

Not_here January 8th 2015 04:43 PM

hey there,
I agree with everyone else! If you sent the application on time you should be okay if you just call and explain the situation. For me, my school sent my transcript because they don't let students do it themselves and universities are dealing with people from all over the country with various situations. They might understand. I wish you the best of luck! keep updating if you like.

Ambedo. January 8th 2015 09:09 PM

I personally agree with Kat. It would probably look better if you told them that you weren't sure your transcripts were sent out and that you will be double-checking with your guidance counselor. College admissions tend to be sticklers about deadlines (at least at my school), so they might be more likely to consider allowing you to send your transcripts in late if they are able to assume that you had every intention of having it sent.