TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Good Days! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f29-good-days/)
-   -   Accepted to college! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f29-good-days/t90203-accepted-college/)

alliannasmomma5 December 9th 2011 02:51 AM

Accepted to college!

So I got accept to harvard last night and got a full scholarship for academic excellence! I have a 4.0 GPA and I haven't even graduated yet, tho I can graduate early bc I have all my credits and I have perfect straight A grades. I I apparently am the highest ranked in my school and district. Everyone is so proud of me for working so hard wen really I just did wat I had to do. I got into Princeton and Yale also! Got scholarships to both of them too. still trying to figure out where I wanna go. :)

I hope allianna is proud of her mommy for finally doing something right with my life! I miss my baby girl sooo much!

Disappearing December 9th 2011 03:40 AM

Re: Accepted to college!

That is awesome! Congratulations!

_sunsets64. December 9th 2011 03:58 AM

omg that's huge, congrats!! you're my idol now, if only i could get into a college like that :)

tithe_girl December 9th 2011 04:23 AM

Congratulations! I hope you end up at the school that’s perfect for you =)

Stargazed. December 9th 2011 04:34 PM

Congratulations. You deserve this! I hope you end up at the right school for you. :)

alliannasmomma5 December 9th 2011 06:09 PM

thanks you guys! it made me really happy to see my acceptance letters. i mean i know i had good grades and all. i just didnt know it could land me acceptance into 3 of the highest ranked universities. and alli should be coming with me and being part of my hopes and dreams... but she is ok. i know she is. shes with her daddy now. =)

Sincerely Yours ♥ December 9th 2011 10:51 PM

Congratulations! We are proud of you & I hope you're proud of yourself! :)

kadyCHAOS December 10th 2011 07:24 PM

that is awesome! good job girl!

Ambedo. December 11th 2011 05:18 AM

Congratulations Mandi! XD
I'm sure Allianna is so proud of her mommy.
I know this might not be my place to say, but remember that you're still taking her with you on this journey. She's in your heart and that's never going to change. :)
You should be very proud of yourself too.

Eternal December 11th 2011 03:23 PM

:o Mandii! This is super huge!
I'm so proud of you for doing so well! I could never accomplish so much. Congrats!!! :dem:

alliannasmomma5 December 11th 2011 04:21 PM

Thanks everyone. I guess it's bigger than I thought. Lol :)

Veni Vidi Vici December 13th 2011 08:25 AM

Wow! Harvard, Princeton, and Yale! Don't let this opportunity pass you. I wish you the best in your studies, and please don't hold back! Getting a degree from any of these colleges will definitively be a huge milestone so I hope you seize the opportunity!!!

Spicy_ December 14th 2011 07:47 PM

Congrats!

Best Wishes! :)

Dedalus December 14th 2011 09:55 PM

thats incredible. congratulations

alliannasmomma5 December 15th 2011 02:33 AM

Thankk you!! :)

anony mouse. December 23rd 2011 07:48 PM

Wow, that's really inspiring. Congratulations!

NevermindMe December 23rd 2011 07:53 PM

Good for you.

One point: Please make sure you know what you want to do. Just taking random courses without an end goal will require you to take other courses later to actually have what is needed for a real job. (For example, a media course is needed to work in journalism, and if you only took English courses you'll have to go back and take a media course, wasting valuable time.)

- Justin

alliannasmomma5 December 26th 2011 08:23 PM

Thank you!! And I want to either be a special education teacher or a social worker so I know which courses to take. :)

Unknown10 December 26th 2011 11:45 PM

It's great that you got into college. It's also great that you want to strive towards being a Special Education Teacher or Social Work. I wish you all the best in it! :D

Arcenciel December 27th 2011 01:07 AM

After all you've been through with losing your baby girl...you still kept going! That's so inspiring, and a real success story that you can use in your future. Especially if you go into social work. You will find in that particular field that you will see a lot of people who have gone through the same things you have gone through. You can be an inspiration to them !

I'm so proud of you<3

Jen

fullofsecrets December 27th 2011 01:10 AM

Amazing! Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself! You're an inspiration to everyone to show that hard work really does pay off! Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

alliannasmomma5 December 27th 2011 03:05 AM

Thankk you!! :)

Pianissimo January 8th 2012 06:09 PM

That's amazing! Congratulations. :hug:

alliannasmomma5 January 9th 2012 03:08 AM

Thank you! :) apparently my essay for admittions stuck out because I submitted it Thursday to harvard and I heard back the next day about how inspiring it was. I mean they said to make it personal and come from my heart so that's exactly what I did. I wrote about getting pregnant at 16 and having my boyfriend die a month before having Allianna at 17. I wrote about all I had faced before during and after the time Allianna had come into my life and how hard it was doing it without alli's dad there to help me. I then continued on to how my little girl had passed away after being only 6 months and 8 days old. I explained the difficulties I faced with having lost my daughter so young and not getting to see her grow up. I expressed how grateful I was to have met my daughter and how even though I can't see her i know she's always with me. I wrote about my depression and I wrote about being a suicide survivor. I ended it talking about how when I was younger I saw myself being a special education teacher or a social worker and how it was my dream. I want to follow my dreams and be the best that I can be for my daughter because i deserve better then what life has handed me so far.

Solivagant January 9th 2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alliannasmomma5 (Post 791160)
Thank you! :) apparently my essay for admittions stuck out because I submitted it Thursday to harvard and I heard back the next day about how inspiring it was. I mean they said to make it personal and come from my heart so that's exactly what I did. I wrote about getting pregnant at 16 and having my boyfriend die a month before having Allianna at 17. I wrote about all I had faced before during and after the time Allianna had come into my life and how hard it was doing it without alli's dad there to help me. I then continued on to how my little girl had passed away after being only 6 months and 8 days old. I explained the difficulties I faced with having lost my daughter so young and not getting to see her grow up. I expressed how grateful I was to have met my daughter and how even though I can't see her i know she's always with me. I wrote about my depression and I wrote about being a suicide survivor. I ended it talking about how when I was younger I saw myself being a special education teacher or a social worker and how it was my dream. I want to follow my dreams and be the best that I can be for my daughter because i deserve better then what life has handed me so far.

It truly is inspiring. The way you talk about it positively! And congratulations! :)

blumemusik♫ January 9th 2012 05:49 PM

That's amazing! It's fantastic you've pulled through and done this after all you've been through!
Congratulations!!<3

alliannasmomma5 January 10th 2012 11:54 PM

Thank you guys! :)

taylorburton January 12th 2012 04:55 PM

Congratulations on such a big accomplishment! Have you thought about what you want to study yet? I went to Boise State University in Boise, Idaho (and luckily, work with them now) and they run this awesome program called Beyond the Blue. It spotlights the academics at Boise State and runs a weekly podcast that covers topics that range from DNA forensics, nanotechnology, psychology of relationships, snow science, etc.

If you were interested, you could check out some of the podcasts that sound interesting to you and see if that's something you'd want to major in once you get to college. The site is at beyondtheblue.boisestate.edu.

alliannasmomma5 January 12th 2012 06:58 PM

Thanks.. :)

LostTeen011 January 13th 2012 01:44 AM

Congratulations on getting into Harvard that's really awesome and INCREDIBLE! Man a 4.0, I really admire your work ethic and seeing that summary of the essay you wrote I can just imagine how powerful it must have been. May success continue for you down the road friend. :)

leavemealone January 16th 2012 01:46 AM

I'm sure that Allianna is very proud of you, and so am I! Harvard! :) GREAT JOB!!!

ilovecountrymusic January 16th 2012 03:06 AM

Congrats on getting into Harvard hun! I know Alliana's looking down and is so proud of her mommy! I wish you continued success in your life. :)

amystery January 16th 2012 04:42 AM

First of all congrats on the acceptance. I honestly can't remember if I've talked to you before very much but I recognize your username and your story. I also wanted to tell you how proud of you I am and I bet your daughter would be super proud of you too. You've overcome so much and your truly an inspiration to all of us. My words are failing me at the moment but I hope that, wherever you decide to go, things will continue to go well for you from here on out. Special education or social worker both sound pretty awesome. It takes a special person to do those jobs and one has to be able to connect with the people they work with. I bet you'll do amazing at whatever you choose and I wish you all the luck in the world :)

For interest sake: I spent my past summer working with children with disabilities. I worked with four different kids and though sometimes it was incredibly trying and difficult, it was all worthwhile. The children I worked with had autism, ADHD, ADD and fetal alcohol syndrome. I also worked with a girl who was handicapped and unable to talk etc and is tube fed. As the summer progressed I found myself enjoying what I was doing and found that working with her made me appreciate my own life a bit more. She loves music and listens to it 24/7...she'll definitely let you know if shes not your selection of song though and make a fuss. Sorry to sit here and reminisce on your post but I think its amazing that you are going into one of those career paths. :)

alliannasmomma5 January 17th 2012 12:33 PM

thank you guys! :)