TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   first day of school outfit suggestions (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t132275-first-day-school-outfit-suggestions/)

blackheartedballerina August 21st 2014 03:20 AM

first day of school outfit suggestions

i have a question about what you all suggest wearing on the first day of school. ive never really needed to worry about it so... yeah. do people usually dress a bit nicer on the first day? or will i look stupid if i do?

ill probably wear my new boots if they come in the mail soon (oh my god flower print doc martens, yay!) but anyway, what do you suggest?

Pirouette August 21st 2014 01:02 PM

Re: first day of school outfit suggestions

I personally don't stress too much about what to wear on the first day of school. Yeah, there are some people that like to wear a fresh new outfit they got over the summer or something and wear it. I think wearing your new boots sounds like a good idea! You could wear it with a dress, skirt, shorts, or even jeans with a cute shirt that matches the boots. Hope this helps and good luck! :)

blackheartedballerina August 21st 2014 01:30 PM

Thanks :) i know its a little silly to worry about it, but its my first time going to a real high school. i think im just channeling all my anxiety into picking an outfit.

hocus pocus August 21st 2014 05:24 PM

I would say whatever makes you feel comfortable. :) For me, for instance, shorts make me feel too exposed so I used to wear capris on the first day. Maybe if you have a favorite article of clothing you can incorporate it into your outfit.

Good luck on the first day!

luckiicloverxx August 22nd 2014 02:26 AM

Hi Bayleigh,

Haha I stress over first day of school outfits as well, but mostly because I want to make a good impression on all my new teachers.

I think the boots would be a great idea! I just got a pair of doctor martens as well :D Just make sure that you're comfortable though, because the doc martens can be a bit painful when you're still breaking them in.

Feel free to message me if you would like to talk!

Kyra :)

Ennui. August 22nd 2014 02:49 AM

First of all! Docs! <3 I have a brown pair and they are very comfortable once broken in. Kyra's right that they're a bit uncomfortable when breaking them in though. But, if you want to wear them, you can!

I keep imagining those floral ones with either a pair of black pants/jeans/leggings or a black skirt, for some reason, but maybe that's my style. XD

But maybe you can wear something comfortable but also nice looking. You don't have to go out all snazzy and get this fancy dress or anything, but I always liked showing off either my favorite outfits or new clothes I've gotten, so the Docs for you may be perfect!

I'd just say wear what you like! Maybe lay out some of your favorite clothes and do a bit of a process of elimination. You can mix and match, or even try on a few things to see what you like best!

I bet you will look great!