TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Fashion and Style (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f25-fashion-style/)
-   -   Do you girls get your nails done for the holidays? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f25-fashion-style/t157698-do-you-girls-get-your-nails-done-holidays/)

Unchained Melody December 2nd 2018 02:15 PM

Do you girls get your nails done for the holidays?

If so do you do anything special like special colors or snowflakes or any other holiday related things painted on your nails? I have never done this, but my Mom, my younger sister who is in the 8th Grade, and I were thinking about doing it this year.

Unidentified~Unicorn December 2nd 2018 04:07 PM

Re: Do you girls get your nails done for the holidays?

I sometimes get red nails with small green trees on one of my fingers, mainly my index or ring finger. :)

Unchained Melody December 2nd 2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unidentified~Unicorn (Post 1333867)
I sometimes get red nails with small green trees on one of my fingers, mainly my index or ring finger. :)

That sounds great. I think it is going to have to happen in my family for a girls and Mom trip.

Celyn December 2nd 2018 05:09 PM

I don't really but when I meet up with my friend she likes to paint my nails either sparkly red or blue. Definitely a nice idea for a girls and mom trip! :)

Unchained Melody December 2nd 2018 05:19 PM

Thanks, will definitely add some fun to the holidays for us.

Ennui. December 4th 2018 09:35 AM

I just had my roommate do mine red and green, but don’t do anything fancy. Maybe you can get little hats. :hehe:

Unchained Melody December 4th 2018 01:16 PM

That sounds like fun and some roomie bonding.

Latte December 5th 2018 12:52 AM

I haven't, I'm not big on getting my nails done, but I did get 2 manicures this summer! It was pretty fun and I bet it'd be fun to get a professional thing done just cause, well, "treat yo self"!?!

Unchained Melody December 5th 2018 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latte (Post 1334045)
I haven't, I'm not big on getting my nails done, but I did get 2 manicures this summer! It was pretty fun and I bet it'd be fun to get a professional thing done just cause, well, "treat yo self"!?!

That is what me, mom and my little sister are going to do. Just because it sounds like fun.

DeletedAccount40 December 6th 2018 09:46 PM

I never get my nails done. I think the last time I got my nails done was five years ago.

Silvan December 8th 2018 04:27 PM

im not gonna have my nails painted for x-mas this year cos ive had them painted twice in a row now. last year i had crimson nails with white-and-silver ornaments on two fingers. it wasn't directly connected with the holidays, but it had a christmasy feeling to it and i loved them.

*Poppy* December 8th 2018 05:42 PM

I rarely if ever paint my nails because I rarely can keep them long as I bite them a lot. It does sound nice and fun though.

Tattooed*Heart December 12th 2018 01:16 AM

Mom and I have gotten pedicures before and they are relaxing and a lot of fun. I am also once my unborn baby gets to an age when I can go to Cosmetology School that is what I am going to do so I can learn to cut and style hair and do nails.

Effy2018 December 13th 2018 09:26 AM

I used to get my nails done when I could grow them, then I had my daughter and have to keep cutting them now

Sophie77 December 14th 2018 10:39 AM

Especially for the holidays, I do not do anything. Just for the mood from time to time.

Mirandagurl December 15th 2018 01:26 AM

in january time, i really wanna go to a place to get these fake nails done it will be a first time for me doing this way!

London_grace December 16th 2018 03:40 AM

Yes, my sister and I do. It's fun:)

Wobr Bobr December 21st 2018 04:10 PM

Of course! Who doesn't want to look good on holiday. I also want to buy some new clothes. [edited].

Tiffers95 December 23rd 2018 07:52 PM

I have in the past during my high school days, but haven't in many years.

kloscarolyn November 5th 2020 01:24 PM

I like making nails a lot.
Now I have rose square nails.

Mallika November 8th 2020 09:51 AM

I think getting a holiday-themed manicure is a great idea :D It's so cute to have little decorations like snowflakes too. I haven't done so myself but would definitely be interested in getting one. I usually apply a simple yet flattering colour that goes with everything I wear. I like bright red, magenta, salmon pink. Currently I can't though, because I'm working in a lab hahaha and it will be quite distracting :hehe:

It's lovely how a little makeover can go a long way - it's one of those little blissful moments of life :hehe:

If you are thinking of getting your nails done, go for it!

Dawn. November 9th 2020 01:26 AM

I get my nails done for the holidays. :hehe:

Last year I got red and gold on my ring finger.

Sprite-1 March 20th 2021 01:05 PM

Only if we're going out to some posh place, then I'll get Julie to paint my nails in a contrasting nail varnish that suits my evening dress. Or maybe I'll paint my nails red, depending on my mood.

javier221 October 5th 2021 07:55 AM

Getting nails done is a really cute activity to do. We need to take care and maintain all parts of us: our physical and mental health both! Getting nails done can be a good activity to relax physically and also have a good conversation with someone close.
I personally don't usually get my nails done, but I've seen several people do it. And the majority of the people who get it done, always pick a new style for themselves. It's a way to make the industry sustainable. There are trends that are being followed in this industry and new trends are always coming up. Right now in the halloween season, people are definitely going to get their nails as per the occasion. It's fashion and celebration both on your nails at once.