TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Money Matters (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f256-money-matters/)
-   -   Coin jars (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f256-money-matters/t161485-coin-jars/)

Sprite-1 March 27th 2021 11:37 PM

Coin jars

We continue using coinage in Monaco, but any spare change, mostly 1 or 2 Euros gets dropped into a tall jar that acts as a door stop. It's a neat way of saving, though the bank teller won't thank me when I lug it to her counter. :hehe:

Do you have a money jar?

DeletedAccount59 March 27th 2021 11:59 PM

Re: Coin jars

I have a coin jar. When it gets half-filled, I take out the coin rollers in varying amounts — 1cent, 5cent, 10cent, and 25cent — and stuff them with the respective coins. It makes life a lot easier for the bank teller, because you get a certain quantity to stuff the rollers with so they just credit it to your account, easy peasy.

Sprite-1 March 28th 2021 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sauorkan (Post 1364924)
I have a coin jar. When it gets half-filled, I take out the coin rollers in varying amounts — 1cent, 5cent, 10cent, and 25cent — and stuff them with the respective coins. It makes life a lot easier for the bank teller, because you get a certain quantity to stuff the rollers with so they just credit it to your account, easy peasy.

Oh, that is most noble of you! :D

But our jar stands 60cm tall and contains all silver: €1 or €2 coins. It hasn't been emptied for years since mum was here. It's too heavy and I can't lift it. Wendi can't either because she has a massive hangover. Diddums. :bleh:

Julie said leave it til she can get someone to move it. Then we can separate the coins, bag 'em up and wheel the lot to the bank. She's much better by the way. :)

Does anyone else have a coin jar?

Rivière March 28th 2021 11:43 AM

We don't have a coin jar. We have a money box, elephant... and a mangled drawer though!

We separate our coins by colours. Silvers go in the elephant. £1 and £2 coins go in the box. Everything else just gets shoved in the drawer.

Everglow. March 28th 2021 12:54 PM

We have an empty scrumpy cider bottle which we use for loose coins. It is also used as a door stop in one of the bedrooms and hardly ever gets touched these days. We used to use it when we went on family holidays as children and the change would be our arcade money.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Celyn March 28th 2021 01:25 PM

I have a tatty teddy money box that I put spare change in. I don't really do anything with the money though...it just sits there. But it's comforting to know I have some spare change around if I ever need it!

Dawn. March 30th 2021 07:03 AM

Yes I do! :) It comes in handy with all the spare change I have and it all adds up!