TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   Getting my tattoo! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t114072-getting-my-tattoo/)

Tigerlily. December 26th 2012 03:21 AM

Getting my tattoo!

I am just so excited. As some of you know, I've wanted a tattoo to show recovery from my cutting for approximately 3 years now or so. Well long story short, I have $200 now from Christmas and my mom said as long as the tattoo costs that much or less I can get it done! I am so excited. I really can't wait. I'm getting,

"Lions make you brave,
Giants give you faith,
Death is a charade,
You don't have to feel safe
To feel unafraid."

tattooed on my inner left wrist in a pretty script kind of font that is still readable, and it's from the song Lions! by Lights. It has so much meaning to me in the terms of my recovery and I can't wait. I'm also going to see if I can get the two little hearts I want near my thumb webbing done at the same time since they're like 1cm x 1cm big each, but even if I can't, the wrist tattoo alone is just so great. I can't wait, and the place is open on Thurs (closed for holiday) so I'm going to call and see if I can make an appointment or better yet just walk-in and get all the info I need. I know they do minors because I have a couple friends who have gotten tattooed there and I have my mom's permission. And they are a reliable shop so I'm just all kinds of excited.

It'll be my first professional tattoo and after I get it, I'm going to take some pics and post them on like Facebook and here of course. But yeah, I am just overfilled with joy.

Ennui. December 27th 2012 02:49 AM

Re: Getting my tattoo!

One. I LOVE THAT SONG and my friend wants a tattoo of it and I was thinking of getting a LIGHTS song quote somewhere too when I get older.

Two tell me when you get it doneeee I want to see.

Ennui. December 27th 2012 02:49 AM

One. I LOVE THAT SONG and my friend wants a tattoo of it and I was thinking of getting a LIGHTS song quote somewhere too when I get older.

Two tell me when you get it doneeee I want to see.

Tigerlily. December 27th 2012 06:38 PM

Okay so change of plans, I'm still getting a tattoo and I will still get that one, but it'll be later on and on my upper arm. Rather I'm getting a BVB song quote on my inner left forearm, so it won't be as far down as my wrist and will fit better.

"Proud in all you are,
Showing every scar,
As your badge of honor"

Solivagant December 28th 2012 02:52 PM

Both sound reallyyyyyy sweet to me. I am looking forward to stalking your Facebook for their pictures. :dem: :hehe: