TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   New nose piercing and maybe tattoo? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t135645-new-nose-piercing-maybe-tattoo/)

ButtercupBethany January 13th 2015 09:23 PM

New nose piercing and maybe tattoo?

Okay, so I just turned 15, and I want to get my nose pierced. My parents are totally okay with it, I just got the needles in today, I do believe and I am excited but I want to know what other pros and cons there are and what I could do to numb my nose before piercing it other than using ice. If there is a way please let me know. And for the tattoo, its a birthday present too from my boyfriend and he asked my dad, who is still trying to get over my getting my nose pierced even though he is okay with that. And so I havent asked again, but I will and I'll make sure to get a small one. But for the tattoo, what can i get that is simple and small that I could cover up for in the days at school, because things like nose, lips, and tongue piercings and tattoos are allowed in my school but no one cares anyway. If you have any advice that would be good to give me.
Thanks! :)

Eternal January 14th 2015 01:40 AM

Re: New nose piercing and maybe tattoo?

I would not recommend piercing your nose yourself. If you don't want to go to a tattoo parlor and have it pierced there (which I highly recommend), have someone else pierce your nose so they can better ensure it's aligned up properly. In fact I recommend visiting a tattoo parlor so they can inform whoever will pierce you how to do it properly.

Chai. January 14th 2015 11:18 AM

Hey,
Piercings can be tricky to do yourself. Personally I would suggest going to the tattoo parlor, or anywhere where someone with experience will be doing it for you. If that's not a possibility, you could ask someone to do it for you. As for the tattoo, it actually depends on what you want to get. Tattoos are permanent and you will have it on you for your entire life. So, instead of going with others suggestions, you should get a tattoo of your choice, something that you will like to have on you. So instead if rushing into it, take time to think about what tattoo you would like to get. :)

LuckyCharmz January 14th 2015 12:55 PM

I agree with the others, except I don't agree with one thing. Piercing yourself IS difficult. You could get nervous at the last second, and mess up the piercing. You don't want to do that. I know others above have stated that asking someone else to pierce it for you. However, I don't agree with this either...from personal experience. I allowed a friend to pierce my belly button, and it still came out horribly crooked, and even got infected. Because I'm an advocate for sterile environments during tattoo's and piercings, I HIGHLY recommend just going to a tattoo shop. In the end, you end up paying a little more BUT totally worth it. I had my belly button repierced at a shop and it came out perfect. Was a little painful due to scare tissue, but that quickly ended.

As for tattoo's, Kav is right. It's permanent. Once you have it, you can't go home and wash it off. You need to choose something that YOU like. No what random strangers on the internet recommend. Once you do have it, make sure you take care of it. Not doing so can result in infections and being terribly messed up.

Take care and good luck!

Kintsukuroi. January 14th 2015 06:35 PM

I really don't recommend piercing your own nose or even getting someone who is not a professional. I would suggest that you visit a tattoo parlour for your piercing because they are professionals. It is really easy to mess up. I did pierce my own ears for my second piercing but I made one far too high so I had to put the other one at the same height. It looked really funny because there was enough room to get my third piercing in between the first and second. I had to get another piercing in between. I really don't recommend that you pierce your own nose. It is far safer to get it done in a sterile and professional environment. As for the tattoo, it is permanent and it should be something that is important to you not other people of the internet. I think you should spend some time thinking about what you would like and what is meaningful to you. :)

DemonQueen January 15th 2015 03:46 PM

In regards to the piercing - PLEASE do not do it yourself. I had a friend of mine pierce my belly button and he messed it up horribly. It was crooked and it ended up getting really infected and I had to take it out. If you're going to get a piercing then please do it the right way and get it done at a parlor by a professional.
As for the tattoo - hold off on that. Take your time and think of something that means something to you. You don't want to get something you'll regret or find silly later on in life.

ButtercupBethany January 22nd 2015 09:54 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will talk them to heart, and I was going to have my friend do it but I backed off and decided to call some parlors and get it done there. So this weekend I will be going to get it done professionally, and see where that'll take me and I'm still thinking on some tattoo ideas of my own and I'll be waiting to get that since im still debating on the tattoo. So thanks to those who left suggestions