TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   Tattoo or no tattoo? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t140299-tattoo-no-tattoo/)

......nobody August 29th 2015 06:45 PM

Tattoo or no tattoo?

I really want to get a butterfly tattoo for my upper arm instead of harming myself, I will see the butterfly, as per the butterfly project. However, my dad doesn't think it's a good idea and thinks it's a disgusting thing to do :( I mean, it's meaningful to me, it's not like it's not. You'd think he would want me to get something meaningful if anything at all.

Everglow. August 29th 2015 06:56 PM

Re: Tattoo or no tattoo?

Hey,

I don't know what it is about tattoos but some people just don't like them. It's odd, I don't get it. Anyway. It's your body and you're old enough now to decide what you do with it. It sounds like a great idea for a tattoo and definitely something to remind you to keep on fighting. If it's what you want, I'd say go for it. Maybe just explain to him that while you value his opinion, it is your choice and it's something you feel strongly about doing. I'm sure he will come to understand it!

Ennui. August 29th 2015 07:11 PM

Hey,

This is your body, not your father's or anyone else's for that matter. I think that if it has meaning for you and if it is something you want to do, then you should go ahead. Your happiness is what is the most important, after all!

-Dez

Palmolive August 29th 2015 10:24 PM

I have a butterfly with mum written underneath it for the exact same purpose and think its a wonderful idea. This is your body and your choice but remember you have to live with it forever!

Storyteller. August 30th 2015 12:31 AM

Like the others have said, it's your body and therefore your decision. You're old enough, both legally and in terms of maturity, to make this kind of decision, so if it's what you really want to do then you shouldn't let someone else's opinion stop you. I know it must be frustrating not to have his support in this, but you don't actually need his permission. If you're sure this is something you want to be a part of you for the rest of your life, then go for it. :)

MWF August 30th 2015 02:11 AM

Im not normally a fan of tattoos, as my attitude towards body modification are like borderline Leviticus (over-exaggeration), but I think this is a totally cool idea. Meaningful tattoos like this are really nice in my opinion, in contrast to tattoos of comparably silly things like sharks, naked ladies, or the non-abbreviated version of FBGM.
Just out of genuine curiosity, and I can accept a PM on this one if need be, but how many "(adjective) Queers" are there on this site and what is Fort Butt?

......nobody August 30th 2015 02:33 PM

Thanks guys :D I'm going to get one next pay ;) I'll post a picture after the fact and when it looks good, not fresh :nosweat: