TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   Washing new tattoo to often (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t154208-washing-new-tattoo-often/)

bringmethehorizon♥ December 10th 2017 11:27 PM

Washing new tattoo to often

I don't think I wash my new tattoo to much but I have been washing it slightly more then I do with new tattoos. How much is to much? What's the worst consequence of washing one to frequently???

DeletedAccount63 December 11th 2017 12:37 AM

Re: Washing new tattoo to often

Hey,
I really don't think there is too much washing when the tattoo is new unless you are washing it every 30 minutes then that is way to much. I wouldn't put the aqua-fore or what ever they are having you put on it more than two or three times a day or what they have told you to do.

Kintsukuroi. December 12th 2017 06:41 AM

Hey there.

I would recommend asking your tattoo artist about how often you should be washing it.

However, from what I read, you should be washing it throughout the day but you want to be careful with washing a new tattoo too much. If you are washing it too much, it can cause you to wash away the natural bacteria that is on your skin which is what helps your skin to heal. Also, make sure that you are washing your hands before washing the tattoo so you don’t transfer any germs and then blot the tattoo dry with a paper towel.
Also, you don’t want to use to much ointment/lotion because that can cause scabbing in excessive amounts or formscabs to fall off before they’re ready because your skin needs to breathe in order to heal properly.

Take care! :)

bringmethehorizon♥ December 13th 2017 11:45 AM

Is it possible for the ink to move and smudge and be ruined for ever or am I being stupid if you was it to much i thought the worst tbag could happen is it may draw the ink out and then I will have to have it put back in again this is a touch up by the way.

bringmethehorizon♥ December 14th 2017 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayurnamat. (Post 1307101)
Hey there.

I would recommend asking your tattoo artist about how often you should be washing it.

However, from what I read, you should be washing it throughout the day but you want to be careful with washing a new tattoo too much. If you are washing it too much, it can cause you to wash away the natural bacteria that is on your skin which is what helps your skin to heal. Also, make sure that you are washing your hands before washing the tattoo so you don’t transfer any germs and then blot the tattoo dry with a paper towel.
Also, you don’t want to use to much ointment/lotion because that can cause scabbing in excessive amounts or formscabs to fall off before they’re ready because your skin needs to breathe in order to heal properly.

Take care! :)

Hi one question I took my headphones out of my phone and you know the little mental part which goes inside the phone? It dropped down and hit my new tattoo which is like a week old. It wouldn't hurt would it am I being stupid lol

Didn't want it to permantly scar or something

TheAtomicBlade December 15th 2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringmethehorizon♥ (Post 1307333)
Hi one question I took my headphones out of my phone and you know the little mental part which goes inside the phone? It dropped down and hit my new tattoo which is like a week old. It wouldn't hurt would it am I being stupid lol

You should be fine. As long as the skin wasn't broken and/or the scab wasn't peeled off, you're good :)

Kintsukuroi. December 16th 2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringmethehorizon♥ (Post 1307333)

I don't think it would have hurt it unless it happened to break the skin or as the poster above me mentioned, peeled off the scab.

Take care. :)

Eternal December 18th 2017 07:54 PM

Tattoo ink is placed below the surface of your skin, it won't smudge from washing and it will be fine if you get a small cut on it.