TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   tattoo on your hip (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t18747-tattoo-your-hip/)

lvpeyton June 30th 2009 08:22 PM

tattoo on your hip

so i want a tattoo on my hip- but i also want to have babies :p

sooo i was wondering- will tattoos stretch out if you are pregnant?

20 Dollar Nose Bleed June 30th 2009 08:58 PM

Re: tattoo on your hip

I've been wondering the exact same thing. I've already got a tattoo on my hip and I didnt even consider babies until after i'd had it done.

Here's hoping I wont be left with a big stretched out blur on my hip.

Algernon June 30th 2009 09:03 PM

It might. I wouldn't do it if you want kids.

lvpeyton June 30th 2009 09:04 PM

lol yeah, right that is what i am hoping for. because i won't get one there if that is the case..

i_am_me_again June 30th 2009 09:53 PM

Short answer: Yes. Tattoos will stretch when pregnant.

Gaia July 1st 2009 12:55 AM

Not all the time. My sister has a tattoo just above her hip bone, and gave birth 4-5 months ago, and it looks as good as the day she got it. I think it all depends on how you grow when you're pregnant, which of course you can't tell till you are. My sister was a fairly slim pregnant woman, so perhaps this helped in it not stretching.
I think it's just something you'd have to chance.

losing touch. July 1st 2009 01:17 AM

it depends. you might be lucky and have it stay the same.. but equally you might not be. just hold off until you're had kids if you're that worried about it stretching.. or alternatively put the tattoo somwhere else.

BlessSpecies July 1st 2009 01:33 AM

Wow. I've always wanted to have an outline of a heart on my hip... but I want to have kids too & this thought never occurred to me lol.

I think the best bet would be to have it a little more to the side of your hip rather than the front, where your belly grows.

lvpeyton July 1st 2009 02:03 AM

very very true- and some of my friends have told me that if you put it low enough it will be okay.. i don't know, ah!

BlessSpecies July 1st 2009 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvpeyton (Post 176925)
very very true- and some of my friends have told me that if you put it low enough it will be okay.. i don't know, ah!

I say go for it :P talk to the tattoo artist about his/her opinions on the matter, and safeguard your chances by putting as far to the bottom/side as possible!

guillotine_blades July 2nd 2009 06:50 PM

It most likely will stretch. Every woman's body is different during pregnancy so there is no way to be sure, but I have seen some pretty messed up stomach/hip/side/ribs tattoos after pregnancy. I would wait to get something in that area until you are either done having kids or decide definitely that you will never have one

iHEAVENn July 2nd 2009 07:27 PM

I agree with everyone that says to wait on a hip tattoo.

I have a tattoo on my right lower stomach but I was lucky during my pregnancy and didn't get any stretch marks and my tat didn't stretch.

However I'm also a freak of nature when it comes to pregnancy lol. Waiting is your best bet... other wise you take the risk of ending up with some nasty looking ink >.>

udontno July 5th 2009 04:31 AM

Surprisingly, there aren't too many pictures of pregnant women with tattoos on their stomachs with before and after. Maybe women just aren't getting them done! Anyway, About.com has a few pictures of tattoos and piercings for you to see what can happen.

This site also has a couple more pictures of tattoos. Just as a warning, one of the ladies has a tattoo on her stomach and she is in her underwear, but it is a decent picture.

I'm so glad I found this. It documents one woman's pregnancy and how her tattoo survived.

Emzy July 5th 2009 01:04 PM

my friend is 8 months and has flowers all over her belly/hip and hers look just fine. It just depends on the person, there's a 50/50 chance really.

lvpeyton July 5th 2009 02:33 PM

thanks everyone- you were all very helpful :smile

braidenowns July 7th 2009 09:53 PM

Get it done after you have kids and you know that you're not going to have anymore lol. Simple.

Braiden.