TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   First tattoo tomorrow (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t28773-first-tattoo-tomorrow/)

xxpaigiexx October 27th 2009 12:32 AM

First tattoo tomorrow

Hey,
I'm getting my first tattoo tomorrow and it's your general question of HOW MUCH IS THIS GOING TO HURT ME? Obviously I know pain varies person to person so no one could give me an exact account of how much it will hurt me but yeah I'm getting the tattoo on my hip- not directly on the hip bone slightly above if that is any help at all.
Thanks people, I'm a sucker for pain that's all!

i_am_me_again October 27th 2009 07:51 PM

Re: First tattoo tomorrow

Hiya Paige.

I wont lie....it hurts....the pain varies on different parts of the body and obviously different people have different pain thresholds. But generally it hurts. I have to say though...having my eyebrows threaded was more painfull than anyof my tattoos put together. So if you get your eyebrows threaded then you got nothing to worry about :)

Good luck and make sure you put a picture up :)

xxpaigiexx October 27th 2009 11:23 PM

Guess I'll just have to grin and bare it lol.
All I'm thinking about is the outcome.

Ella.x October 29th 2009 01:55 PM

Mine didn't hurt much at all. I had it on my hip too. It just felt like a scratch. the only time it actually hurt was when it was going over the hip bone, but it wasn't too bad. Good luck

JackOffJill October 29th 2009 02:05 PM

It really depends on where on your body. If the tattoo is going to go over any bone- that is where it is going to hurt more. If it is just an outline or writing or something like that and its on the bone it may not be too bad, but if it has to be gone over (like shading/coloring) thats when it could hurt. I have a tattoo on my wrist. For me it didnt hurt at all. My friend got one in the same place and also had no problems. However, one friend who got her shins tattooed had a really hard time.

Yen October 29th 2009 02:05 PM

Going over the hip bone itself, I've heard, hurts.

For me, it only hurt when my tricep was being done. It's really tender over there. Otherwise, it kind of felt like a warm sting. I'm not going to lie- I love the feeling :D.

Hope it comes out as awesome as you want! Give us pics when it's done!

Ellie November 1st 2009 12:33 PM

Hey Paige, how did you find it in the end?

Oh, and one more thing....pictures Paige, pictures? :p

losing touch. November 2nd 2009 04:00 PM

how'd it go??. i wanna see pics, too! :p