TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Tattoos and Piercings (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/)
-   -   Recovery Tattoo? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f27-tattoos-piercings/t39121-recovery-tattoo/)

SufferingAlone March 8th 2010 10:34 PM

Recovery Tattoo?

i have decided i want to get a tattoo at the top of my leg, above my scars from self harming.
its been nearly 10 years since i started and i am now on the road to recovery.
do you have any ideas of what i can have? words? lyrics?
im open to all suggestions.
just something thats going to explain the past 10 years in a short few words.

thankyou xx

wonderbread March 8th 2010 11:36 PM

Re: Recovery Tattoo?

I have a tattoo for self harm. Its in the retrospect for TWLOHA you know national write love on your arm, well I got Love tattooed on my wrist.

As far as if you want lyrics if there is a song that has given you hope, that made you feel better when you wanted to self harm and it stopped you from doing that,ect. You could get the phrase from that song that means the most for you tattooed there.
You could get a tattoo that symbolizes getting rid of self harm like blood droplets fading out, a hand dropping a razor ( i dont know if you want something like that tattooed though, I suggest it, if that is the route you want to go.)

Just really think about it and make sure it is something that fits you and your story.

a_girlsdreams March 9th 2010 01:25 AM

My recovery tattoo says Remember to Breathe.
Its on my wrist and its lyrics from Dashboard Confessional.

topov March 9th 2010 10:02 AM

My recovery tattoo is in my sig LOL. It's cheesy and simple, but effective. I wanted something different, something that had a real story that I could explain to people.

losing touch. March 9th 2010 10:19 AM

i think you should make it a positive tattoo about how you've moved on from the self injury rather than getting something like razors or blood or whatever. a lyric would be good, but it's kinda of hard for us to suggest seeing as lyrics are really personal. or if theres a quote that has inspired you along the way it might be nice to get that. i do also think that single words can be more effective than phrases.

xXbrooke13Xx March 9th 2010 05:43 PM

like wonderbread has,i want to get that,one i'm old enough anyways lol

but you if you get love writtin,why not over your scars? thats my plan anyways, to get love with two little hearts on top nd bottom of it on my left wrist(thats where most of my scars are) i havent really stopped SH-ing tho...but im working on it,i figure if i get a tattoo on top of the scars, i wont want to mess up the piece of art so:)

but essentially, it is going on you, you should decide and make it your own unique thing:) you could draw it up nd then tak it to the tattoo artist and then hav them draw it up like you had it. or if you really want,tell me what you want and i can draw it up:D i did that for my girlfriend and she loved what i came up with,she hasnt gotten it done yet tho lol

~Brookster/Brookie

JenniferxMarie March 10th 2010 03:38 PM

i have a recovery tattoo also. It is a rose in the middle of my wrist four butterflies, and hearts around because to me if I cut then you kill the butterfly. Then the back there is a razorblade with blood dripping reminding me what i have done and that i can overcome it.