TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Good Days! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f29-good-days/)
-   -   I showered on my own for the first time (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f29-good-days/t161498-i-showered-my-own-first-time/)

Soda_Voxel March 30th 2021 07:12 PM

I showered on my own for the first time

I'm 16 and for all my life I've struggled with doing things on my own, both because of my mental health also sometimes I just wasn't taught how to do certain things!

Today I showered myself for the first time. Well, I have done it before, but it was always rushed because I was anxious so I didn't get very clean. My mum got the water the right temperature for me and put the shampoo/conditioner and body wash on different sides so I could tell the difference without my glasses, and I did it! I wet my hair, washed it, rinsed it, and then I cleaned my body too. I felt in control, and I also felt a lot less embarassed.

I'm so very proud of myself. In addition, since it was a nice day, i went outside in the garden three times in 20 minute or so intervals. This is a really big step for me. I can now clean myself on my own without needing too much help. I'm proud.

Everglow. March 30th 2021 09:06 PM

Re: I showered on my own for the first time

This is amazing news! I'm so glad you were able to do this for yourself, and it sounds like it's really boosted your mood too. I hope that this proves to you that you're more than just your bad days. :)

Dawn. March 31st 2021 07:09 AM

That is such amazing news and you have every right to be proud of yourself! :D

Sprite-1 March 31st 2021 12:45 PM

Well done! I'm happy for your achievements! :)

Rivière March 31st 2021 10:41 PM

Soda, this is absolutely fantastic news! You most definitely should be proud of yourself. This is huge! You're making such great steps in a positive direction for yourself. :D

Ennui. April 1st 2021 02:20 AM

That is amazing! You should be proud!

DeletedAccount59 April 2nd 2021 02:52 PM

Soda, I am so proud of you and happy for you! I know you posted something earlier in the day about struggling; but looks like that shower really lifted your mood. It's funny, people tell me all the time "take a shower and go outside, you'll feel so much better" and every time I do both, it's like... DUH!

We just need something to give us that little push, no matter how big or insignificant.

:hug:

Celyn April 3rd 2021 08:04 PM

As someone who has struggled with similar issues when I was your age, I think you've done brilliantly with showering by yourself! It's also good to know that you spent some time in the garden too :)