TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Good Days! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f29-good-days/)
-   -   I've come so far (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f29-good-days/t162326-ive-come-so-far/)

Soda_Voxel November 29th 2021 12:24 PM

I've come so far

Today I had my sixth session of counselling (and my final one for about four weeks) and in the car home I just cried my eyes out to my Mum. I got so emotional. I've come so far, I've genuinely improved as a person so much. Mum's saying I'm a whole new person. I hate myself way less (of course it's not gone away completely but it's so much better), I'm not at rock bottom anymore. I know there's still a long way to go, but I've come so far. I got so emotional.

My past self was struggling for so long and I'm finally, FINALLY starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't want to hurt myself nearly as much as I used to. Most of the time, I actively want to live!! I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm trying to 'flex' on anyone still struggling or something, I'm just so proud of myself in such a large capacity for the first time in years.

I owe my coach my life, literally. I don't want to think about what I would have done if I hadn't met her. She feels like a dear friend to me, hopefully that isn't weird. She's funny, she understands, she's shown me so much. I'm emotional just typing all this out. It doesn't feel real. I'm getting better. I'm really getting better. Holy shit. I'm getting a life back. This is insane.

I'm kind of rambling now so I'll stop here, but thanks for reading. I'm so incredibly proud of myself and so grateful of all the resources I've been given and I wanted to share it with some more people. I wish you all the best for your future ventures (I'm definitely not leaving this site any time soon!).

MsNobleEleanor November 29th 2021 06:17 PM

Re: I've come so far

That's wonderful news, Soda! I am happy to read that you are doing much better after going to counselling. It's good to hear that you will continue to work on you (we all need to work on ourselves, I work on myself all the time). :D

TeenHelp is always here and Discord chat is also available. Feel free to reach out if you need any help or have any questions.

:happydance::dance1:

Dawn. November 30th 2021 08:54 AM

It is such a wonderful feeling and I am glad you feel better! :hug:

Clarent November 30th 2021 01:52 PM

Take it one day at a time, and keep going forward. You can do this!

Celyn December 5th 2021 07:32 PM

I'm so glad to hear that your coach has helped you so much and that you feel full of life these days! It's great to see how far you've come. Keep going! :)

Ennui. December 5th 2021 07:38 PM

I’m so proud of you! Keep up the amazing work.

DeletedAccount81 December 5th 2021 10:30 PM

Congratulations, keep up the amazing work! I'm so proud of you. :hug: