TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/)
-   -   Christmas trees (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t160841-christmas-trees/)

Celyn December 9th 2020 06:02 PM

Christmas trees

We will be decorating our Christmas tree tonight. It's a real tree and my mum and uncle brought it home yesterday. We leave it overnight for the branches to fill out properly and then we decorate it, the following day.

What type of Christmas tree does everyone have- real or artificial? Also, any favourite decorations that you love to put on the tree? (Mine is some lovely glass baubles with holly on them :hehe: )

Rivière December 9th 2020 06:28 PM

Re: Christmas trees

We got rid of our old artificial for another artificial tree. Only this one has berries and pine cones on it as well so it's extra Christmassy. We haven't put baubles on it this year. Instead we put things like ribbons and decorative mittens so we can put little gifts in them. :D

Silvan December 10th 2020 08:19 AM

I've had a Christmas tree for a week now. We always buy a medium-height real one, but I'm thinking about getting an artificial one next year, because I don't want to support tree cutting anymore. The one we have now is decorated and lit by both white and colourful lights.

DeletedAccount53 December 12th 2020 01:00 PM

We always buy a real one and this year got a tree with a substantial amount of root! This is rare. So what Sis and I did was place the tree is a very large pot filled with compost and a fitted water tray so on 12th Night we can lug it out and plant in the garden.

It's a large Nordic Spruce in attractiv blue-green. It was a Mother and a Father to bring in, it has to be the biggest we have ever had. Costly, too. But Maman paid well for it.

Hvaing a Christmas tree with roots has cheered me up a lot! That it can be left to grow higher still when dug in outside. I think we're onto a winner.

Hight? It's 3.5 metres and I have already dug a big hole in the garden after we planned its best position. The hole will be dunged in later to give our lovely tree a good start once spring arrives. I did board the hole over, mind. We don't want some idiot falling down it! :hehe:

Celyn December 12th 2020 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pork Chops (Post 1359250)
We always buy a real one and this year got a tree with a substantial amount of root! This is rare. So what Sis and I did was place the tree is a very large pot filled with compost and a fitted water tray so on 12th Night we can lug it out and plant in the garden.

It's a large Nordic Spruce in attractiv blue-green. It was a Mother and a Father to bring in, it has to be the biggest we have ever had. Costly, too. But Maman paid well for it.

Hvaing a Christmas tree with roots has cheered me up a lot! That it can be left to grow higher still when dug in outside. I think we're onto a winner.

Hight? It's 3.5 metres and I have already dug a big hole in the garden after we planned its best position. The hole will be dunged in later to give our lovely tree a good start once spring arrives. I did board the hole over, mind. We don't want some idiot falling down it! :hehe:

We have a Norway spruce as well. I'm intrigued that you have one with roots! More so that you can plant it into the garden afterwards! We used to have several Norway spruces growing in the garden but my old neighbours didn't like them as they blocked out the sun in their garden so they sadly had to go. I'd love to re-plant Christmas trees though! :)