TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/)
-   -   Etsy. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t162026-etsy/)

Dawn. August 24th 2021 10:10 AM

Etsy.

Does anyone have their own Etsy store or have bought stuff of there? Is it worth it? Is/was it a good experience for you? I wish to sell my photographs on Etsy but I don't know if it will be worth it because there are some fees that they charge.

Silvan August 24th 2021 12:07 PM

Re: Etsy.

I used to have an Etsy store. They do charge fees but they're minor, so I think it's worth it if people buy your stuff. For me neither buying nor selling on Etsy makes sense because post in my country charges horrendous fees for sending products abroad (usually it's 100% or even more of the product's price...). But in general I think it's good enough to use, especially for artists who sell their handmade stuff.

Ennui. August 24th 2021 03:12 PM

I don't have my own but I love using it! I've bought a lot of supplies for my guinea pigs off Etsy.

DeletedAccount81 August 24th 2021 03:35 PM

I've only used Etsy once to gift my best friend something fandom-related; that was almost four years ago.

I really wouldn't buy anything off Etsy unless you like unique, handmade products. Shipping can be a pain.

Dawn. August 25th 2021 09:24 AM

I am looking to just start of locally first so I won't have to spend so much on shipping, if at all. I just wanted to see if it was worth me starting one. :)

.Brittany. August 26th 2021 11:47 AM

I have personally purchased off Etsy. In other words, I am horribly addicted to it!

I usually buy tshirts off of it (usually disney)

Everglow. August 26th 2021 04:02 PM

I usually go to Etsy at Christmas and get presents from there because they're likely to be handmade and I like that. I've never sold anything on there, but somebody I know has and while it doesn't bring in a tonne of money, she enjoys it. I think you should go for it if you're considering it. :)

Dawn. August 27th 2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everglow. (Post 1370669)
I usually go to Etsy at Christmas and get presents from there because they're likely to be handmade and I like that. I've never sold anything on there, but somebody I know has and while it doesn't bring in a tonne of money, she enjoys it. I think you should go for it if you're considering it. :)

I am seriously considering it! I might look more into it this weekend. :)

Stacey August 28th 2021 02:48 PM

I love Etsy. As long as you pay attention to reviews (like when you're buying on Amazon or anywhere else) you'll typically end up with a great experience and product. Love it for one-of-a-kind gifts for Christmas and Birthdays.

hocus pocus August 28th 2021 05:50 PM

I really like Etsy too. I haven't sold anything on there but I have bought from there often. I like the uniqueness of the items you can get, and I prefer to support small businesses when I can. I'm looking at ordering a few more things off of there soon.

What is also super awesome is that I can choose a UK (or another country) shop and have it sent to my friends that live in the UK or elsewhere. That's my favorite part especially since the last few times I've had huge issues trying to ship things outside the US.

I hope you end up enjoying the process if you decide to sell there!

Dawn. August 31st 2021 06:21 AM

Thank you for all your replies. It certainly has helped me with my decision. :)

DeletedAccount81 September 1st 2021 03:44 PM

Good luck with whatever you decide to do; if you open an Etsy shop, let us know! :)

Dawn. September 2nd 2021 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stardust. (Post 1370907)
Good luck with whatever you decide to do; if you open an Etsy shop, let us know! :)

I will. :)