TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/)
-   -   Let's talk on Easter. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t165046-lets-talk-easter/)

Arabesque- golfing girl. March 18th 2024 11:50 AM

Let's talk on Easter.

Let's talk on Easter.

Sometimes holidays are hard because you are by yourself or you miss someone or you are just having a hard time. Come on and let's talk about this and we can help you to feel better. :hug:

Ennui. March 18th 2024 05:20 PM

Re: Let's talk on Easter.

I will likely be around in Chat!

London_grace March 20th 2024 03:21 PM

This is always nice of you. :)

Dawn. March 28th 2024 10:26 AM

That's so nice of you to offer! :)

I will be around as well. :hug:

Butterscotch. March 28th 2024 09:37 PM

Easter is not a challenging holiday like the November and December holidays, in my opinion. Not everyone observes Easter — especially if they're Jewish or Muslim, or don't celebrate any type of holiday — and not everyone will be in that perpetual holiday spirit that is egged on by the mass media in November and December. I will not be available on Easter as I will be spending it with my parents, sister, and her family.

Storyteller. March 30th 2024 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterscotch. (Post 1393442)
Easter is not a challenging holiday like the November and December holidays, in my opinion. Not everyone observes Easter — especially if they're Jewish or Muslim, or don't celebrate any type of holiday — and not everyone will be in that perpetual holiday spirit that is egged on by the mass media in November and December. I will not be available on Easter as I will be spending it with my parents, sister, and her family.

It's fine if that's your experience, but it's good to be mindful of the fact that any kind of holiday can be challenging depending on what's going on in someone's personal life. Not everyone celebrates the "November and December holidays" either, and at least where I am I've seen a lot of advertising around Easter that focuses on spending time with family which can be a tough subject for anyone who doesn't have family, doesn't have a good relationship with them, can't be with them for this holiday, etc. I think it's good to have threads like this, as well as reassurance that people will be around on the day, so that anyone who's having a hard time during this holiday period knows they have somewhere they can turn to. With that in mind I'll be around on and off over this weekend and am more than happy for anyone to get in touch if they want someone to talk to about anything. :)