TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Max age for sex and puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t21579-max-age-sex-puberty/)

TJ. July 31st 2009 08:32 PM

Max age for sex and puberty

I was going to post this as a suggestion, but I wanted to see what everyone else thought about this and their opinions. The poll is anonymous.

I honestly think there should be a max age for the sex and puberty like around 21. At that age, you shouldn't 'need' a forum anymore to ask questions about it. Leave like the LGBT/Preggo forums for all ages, but the sex ones i think should be closed after you turn 21...

Yeah I know older people may have more insight. But it's a little weird to get advice from someone who's like 30 or 35 when you're only like 15 or 16 isn't it?

Jamie July 31st 2009 08:36 PM

Re: Max age for sex and puberty

Why? Surely people over 21 are some of the most qualified people to give such advice?

Also, this should be in suggestions..

TheBabyEater July 31st 2009 08:38 PM

I dont know. It might be a bit wierd for some people, but I think they would know more about relationships and a LOT more about sex than teenagers that are new to it. :D
But I can see how you might find it wierd. If it bothers you pretend they're 15 or something XP

Algernon July 31st 2009 08:49 PM

Well, then that means Jaguar and other people can't post. That's not fair. I think that older people have a better chance of giving better advice than the younger ones.

Melody Pond July 31st 2009 08:53 PM

No.
Some of the best advice I have seen around the Sex and Puberty is from CanadaCraig who is 46.

StabMyHeartLover July 31st 2009 09:04 PM

I gusse it can sound creepy on how old they are, but its not like they know u in person and are asking u ur bra size..just giving advice u ask..and even then they don't go into dectials..and i'd rather have advice from sombdoy thats "been their , done that, got the tshirt, wore it out" XD

Prozac July 31st 2009 09:06 PM

Hi TJ,

I do think that this would be best posted as a suggestion if you feel as though it would be a good idea. Posting this as a suggested would also let you see how many people voted yes or no to implementing your suggestion which would be the equivalent of the poll that you've posted here.

I think I'll close this now and suggest that you do post this as a suggestion instead of a topic, as it seems that you're quite keen on the idea.

To give my opinion though, I believe that with age comes experience - especially with puberty/sexual issues, a twenty-one year old will have gone through puberty and will have more experience and advice than a 13 year old who has not had the experience, for example.

Take care.