TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   girlfriend broke up with me after exactly one month (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t103905-girlfriend-broke-up-me-after-exactly-one-month/)

musicalman June 13th 2012 04:18 AM

girlfriend broke up with me after exactly one month

one month ago, on may 12th i asked this girl to be my girlfriend. I had great feelings about our relationship, thinking it could last a while, but i guess not, because she broke up with me today. Really sucks too, first experience with this and its a really shitty feeling, but i'll get over it. She said she didn't want a long distance relationship when we went off to college, and didn't want it to ruin our friendship, so i guess i only really hope that she tries to maintain a friendship, otherwise this will have all been for nothing :(

laceandlipstick June 13th 2012 08:13 AM

Re: girlfriend broke up with me after exactly one month

distance is hard, especially at the beginning of a whole new relationship. i think she should've told you before if she would be able to handle the distance or not. you should also be thankful that it was a month and not 6 months or even a year.. things will get better love!

Cassie999 June 16th 2012 04:45 PM

Long distance relationships never work much but i know some do. She does want to be friends with you. The hurt will go away soon. See her as a internet friend.

Brighter.than.sun June 27th 2012 01:27 PM

Hi there I'm very sorry that this happened to you. As others have said Long Distance relationships can be hard especially if it's your first one. The best thing you can do right now is let you heart heal. How you do that is by not going out and looking for another relationship right away and spending the time taking care of you. One way you can do this is by hanging out with the friends that you know will make you happy. Another thing that I suggest you do is try talking to your parents about this. I know they might seem scary at times but there really not truth is there probably scared too because it's their job to protect you and keep you safe. One last thing you can do is go out and find a new hobby that you think you'll enjoy. I know it seems hard right now but things WILL get better eventually it just takes time. Remember that were all here for you and want what's best for you and want you to be happy. If you ever need to talk to someone about ANYTHING, don't be afraid to talk to any of us in chat or send us a PM/VM we are all here to lend a listening ear. Take care of yourself and remember that this is not your fault at all she should have told you before that she wasn't into long distance relationships.

Delicious Chaos June 27th 2012 01:44 PM

Yea I see where she is coming from. Long distance relationships are hard because your deeply attached to someone and your not close to them. As time passes u start to drift apart and that is y it never works.